Force E cancelled BHB night dive...what gives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blackvans1234

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
This is strike 2 for force E in Riveria.
They canceled their night dive due to low visibility.

Now I understand that it was for safety and all of that jazz, but you have divers doing ''real'' shore dives, like Allen Sherrod and his safety team in the same conditions, without the protection of the inlet.

Im sure visibility was worse there than at BHB during slack high.

I know force e can giveth, and force e taketh away, but still. I went to the Bridge anyway to look, and visibility was fine.

First strike with force E riviera was buying an Al80 and then finding out that Force E Pompano will give 5 free fills with the purchase of any tank
:confused:

I would like to make it clear that the people at force E have all been very nice, but a little disappointing lately!

Take a deep breath.....exhale....

Sorry your plans got changed, but this is hardly a reason to bash the dive shop. They cancelled the dive for safety reasons as you said, based on recent visibility conditions. Just think of the "end a dive at any time for any reason" rule. That rule applies even before you get in the water.

This is strike 2 for force E in Riveria.

First strike with force E riviera was buying an Al80 and then finding out that Force E Pompano will give 5 free fills with the purchase of any tank
:confused:

I would like to make it clear that the people at force E have all been very nice, but a little disappointing lately!

Go back to Force E & ask them for the free fills & they will give them to you. If you don't have an air card they will make one up for you.
Most of the regulars cancelled out before Force E even canceled the night dive. I think you are new to town. I have been going to Force E for over 15 years they are great-all 3 stores. And they will match prices that you see elsewhere

No worries, you will soon have enough dives in your system to start to turn down shore dives with less then great conditions.

You should never fault a shop for thinking of your safety, its the opposite, bash them for being unsafe!

We cancelled going. A night dive in poor vis is not only no fun, the poor vis is complicated by backscatter from diving lights. Definitely a worse situation than diving in poor vis during the day.

Force-E is gracious enough to put up the insurance necessary to have the City allow the night dive in the first place, and they do not even charge us for doing this.

It is rare that they cancel, and the conditions must have been pretty bad for them to do so.

I too am having "diving withdraw" the last couple of weeks, but be patient and wait for the spells of good weather.

By the way, all Force-e stores will match deals in any other store (not just other Force-E stores). They do offer good deals, but you might need to ask or negotiate a litte. They also treat you right in the future if you become a customer.

I can understand your frustration, but I dove BHB during winter in conditions that barely allowed me to see my fingers on my outstretched hand (about 2ft of vis I suppose) and it wasn't much fun and that was during the day. I practiced navigation skills and got out of the water after 25 minutes or so. Anyway, I don't know what conditions have been like in the last few days but if conditions were only moderately better than what I described: you would have had a really terrible night dive. I'd trust the folks at BHB to do the right thing: there will be additional opportunities in the future.

I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it. I've always thought the BHB overrated any way. There are some great reefs that are much better dives. Have you been to 6th Ave in Pompano?

With internet and cell phones, I don't see how you could blame the seller for you thinking you did not get the best deal possible. That makes no sense. If you are not willing to do your homework, you are more than likely not going to find the best deal possible.

if i had a dollar for every dive i canceled for safety reasons, i could probably offer free dive charters to everyone on Scuba Board! "Safety first, no one gets hurt".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom