For all you Aldora fans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rwhiting

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
In a separate thread, I posted a question regarding PM dive availability with Aldora the day you arrive in Cozumel. I thought I'd share this response from them:

" It really does take 4 or more divers for us to break even, but more than you’ll know, I understand the plight of our loyal customers. Your plea has just been heard loud and clear. From this point on, any customer (one or more) who will be diving with us 3 or more regular days will be accommodated for an afternoon dive on the day of arrival. It won’t be Punta Sur, or Maricaibo like we normally do, but it will be Cozumel and a boat dive. Obviously, if you arrive at 8 pm, you are out of luck, but depending on season, we should be able to get most of our customers out for at least 1 dive before dark."

I think this is great.

I'm still wondering about Aldora personal gear. Has anyone rented their masks, fins, wetsuits? Is the quality OK? I'm hoping to avoid checking luggage, but don't want to get stuck with a sub-par mask etc.

Rich

That's why I dive Aldora every time! It is well worth the extra money.

Rich

take your own mask at the risk of getting a bad fit and it won't take up much room. I never use a snorkel there and don't see many who do. Don't worry much about your fins. You won't use them much anyway. What did they tell you about the rental equipment?

I agree with Mike. Take your mask.
I have rented fins and a shorty in Coz, not from them, but it shouldn't be a problem.
Never dive without your own mask though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom