Football

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is me in the pool right now:

cliffhanger_1.jpg

ScubaTexan:
I was not counting on Tampa Bay beating Philadelphia....or Oakland beating Arizona (I'm going to miss Dennis Green...LOL)....or Green Bay beating Miami....or Minnesota beating Seattle. Houston and Atlanta's wins were coin-tosses. At least I'm still alive in my Survivor game...

I gotta tell ya, i was ready to cut a few place-kicker hamstrings by the end of the day thats for sure. Unbelievable week for field goal kickers!

Jon, a couple more weeks like this and i'm giving this up. :wink:

By the way guys, don't know if i told you but i was fortunate enough to be at Game two Sunday. We wondered what the heck the convo was at the mound. No one in the stadium had any idea what was going on.

Regardless, Rogers smoked em for nearly seven innings after that. The Cards never got to him until his last inning. The press is blowing this whole thing way out of proportion. I can hear it now if the Tigers win the series ...... "if only Rogers hadn't cheated" .......

TCDiver1:
By the way guys, don't know if i told you but i was fortunate enough to be at Game two Sunday. We wondered what the heck the convo was at the mound. No one in the stadium had any idea what was going on.

Regardless, Rogers smoked em for nearly seven innings after that. The Cards never got to him until his last inning. The press is blowing this whole thing way out of proportion. I can hear it now if the Tigers win the series ...... "if only Rogers hadn't cheated" .......

Ummm, Jon -- Kenny Rogers is NOT beneath doing something like this, trust me. He's had three tours of duty here in Arlington and we've gotten to know him quite well. Am I surprised he's caught up in something like this?

:rofl3:

ScubaTexan:
Ummm, Jon -- Kenny Rogers is NOT beneath doing something like this, trust me. He's had three tours of duty here in Arlington and we've gotten to know him quite well. Am I surprised he's caught up in something like this?

:rofl3:

You will notice i never implied he was innocent, just that it didn't make a difference after the spot was cleaned off. And it didn't if you weren't watching.

Show me a pitcher in the bigs that isn't looking for an edge and i'll show you a pitcher who probably isn't in the bigs. One of the reasons La Russa didn't make a bigger stink i believe.

Lots of closets in MLB with many skeletons in each one. :wink:

TCDiver1:
You will notice i never implied he was innocent, just that it didn't make a difference after the spot was cleaned off. And it didn't if you weren't watching.

Show me a pitcher in the bigs that isn't looking for an edge and i'll show you a pitcher who probably isn't in the bigs. One of the reasons La Russa didn't make a bigger stink i believe.

Lots of closets in MLB with many skeletons in each one. :wink:

Oh, I know, Jon. I wasn't implying that. In fact, if you want to increase velocity on your fastball, pinetar is the LAST thing you want to use, as it promotes resistance. There is nothing new under the sun when it comes to baseball. LaRussa is not stupid. I think he probably played it right, taking the high road.

If the Tigers' bats don't start waking up, it's going to be a moot point anyway, because there will be no Game 6.

ScubaTexan:
If the Tigers' bats don't start waking up, it's going to be a moot point anyway, because there will be no Game 6.

I'll worry about that if it doesn't happen tonite. :wink:

Oh.. look.. bloated tiger bits...

Oh.. look.. cliff hanger...... by his finger tips?

Weird set of games this week. The world series with the sweeping tigers not showing up really, college ball yesterday wtih some very odd losses. Pro ball today with some odd wins and losses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom