Football season starts tonight...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fans of the New England Patriots—beware.

The Indianapolis Colts have your team, and the rest of the league, right where they want them:

In a state of overconfidence.

I know the talking heads have you convinced the Pats are the greatest team ever, and that a 16-0 record is a foregone conclusion.

But while your team has gotten all the headlines, the Colts have jumped out to what must be the quietest 5-0 start ever.

The Indy offense is ranked third in the league. Their defense is in the top 10. And unlike your Patriots, the Colts have actually faced some stiff competition, beating three opponents with winning records.

The Pats?

Their five opponents are a combined 7-17—and have nary a winning record among them.
That said, it's not the Colts' numbers that should have you worried, Pats fans.

It’s their quiet swagger—the kind that comes from KNOWING, not thinking, you're going to win every week.

It's the kind of swagger you earn by finally getting over the hump and hoisting the Lombardi Trophy—or by beating the Patriots three straight times, including that 18-point comeback in last season's AFC Championship Game.

The Colts have that swagger now. That makes them a dangerous team to underestimate or overlook.

So go ahead Patriots fans—listen to the experts crown your team the kings of the NFL.

But take heed:

The champs are here.

Consider yourselves warned.

Very Nice!! :14:

So go ahead Patriots fans—listen to the experts crown your team the kings of the NFL.

But take heed:

The champs are here.

Consider yourselves warned.

Umm, better tap the brakes there a little, Laurens.

I was at the game yesterday and I got to see firsthand what the Patriots look like. I can tell you this -- they may or may not go unbeaten this year, but they are FAR AND AWAY the best team I've seen in the last 20 years. If they can march into Texas Stadium and smash the Cowboys like they did, they can do the very same to the Colts at the RCA Dome....and I fully expect they will.

Call this fair warning. The Patriots are not to be trifled with. :no

Now this is going to be a great match-up... Not!

New England vs Miami

Unfortunately, it's the only one being broadcast. :(

Did you see Sports Center where they showed that Brady has been on the "probable" list to play every week for the last four years, due to a shoulder injury from 2003 or 4? Mind games.

Bummer.

The Cards lost... :(

Now this is going to be a great match-up... Not!

New England vs Miami

Unfortunately, it's the only one being broadcast. :(
Bears @ Eagles isn't much better...

I shouldn't have benched Rob Bironas... :banghead:

Well the BOYS came thru again .... the game kept everyone standing in Texas Stadium and the excitement was at a fever pitch ...... we'll get a break next week and go take on the EAGLES after a much needed rest. The season is half over and the COWBOYS are still looking good. Can't wait till "TANK" joins the BOYS and our defense should really improve.

The DALLAS COWBOYS shot down the Philadelphia Eagles Sunday night 38 to 17 in their own nest ........... T.Owens returned and showed his old team what they were missing (a receiver that can score TDs) and how about Jason Witten and that 53 yard run w/o a helment. Well "Romo and Company" will head to N.Y. and do some GIANT killing next week ...... To quote Jimmy Johnson : "HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS" !!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom