Foolishness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Inexperienced divers on more than one occasion pushing the inflator instead of the dump and rocketing to the surface. Luckily all with no ill effects.

Foolish- An untrained diver penetrating a small tugboat just to see some nice sand. And more than a few really fast ascents and too-short safety stops.

Careless- Dove with a photographer who scraped his strobes on the coral, and when in a not-very-small arch he scraped large amounts of coral from the walls with his fins while moving around to take a picture. Also I see a lot of people dragging things on the reef, or crashing into it or having to hold on to ther reef due to poor buoyancy skills.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Geodiver81:
who can rocket out of the water the highest!

If it wasn't for stupid partial pressure vs. physiology I would be so psyched to do this.

Cleaning a scallop, and throwing the shell into the water while there were still divers down. Damn thing bonked me on the noggin!

Dove with a real old timer who used duct tape on his reg to hold it together when he lost a screw.

Queen:
Dove with a real old timer who used duct tape on his reg to hold it together when he lost a screw.
And so...???
What else is there to do when you're out of zip ties?

my favorite one was watching a newbie go down with their snorkel in mouth instead of their regs.... :laughing:

On the foolish side when someone gives me the "out of air" gesture I hand them my snorkel. :laughing: Seriously though, when providing support on an OW cert. this guy "forgot" how to equalize his mask, pushed it, called the dive so we went up (so the class could continue with the instructor) and one of his eyes were red as a fire truck from the mask squeeze. Needless to say his diving was done for the weekend. Never knew if he came back to finish his OW.

Back
Top Bottom