foolISH Excursion; To the Edge of Reality and Beyond...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tat2_to_dive:
I have never been to Manatee I would like to poke around in cavern and ask Jean if I can silt the hell out of it real quick. LOL

:D
Sure , go ahead...!!!
Sounds like it's going be one BIG SILT CLOUD ANYWAY :11:
Good for training though :wink:
Yea , I know a really GREAT spot in the back of the cavern (between the siphon and the outflow side) that can get really nasty-type silty...

Er , our Cavern instructor used it as a demonstration for us neophites that didn't know any better at the time...

Jean

well if the flow is that strong does the silt hang around that long or are you guys messing with me? As I said I have not dove this system before is there by chance anyway we can dive from manatee to catfish hotel?

tat2_to_dive:
is there by chance anyway we can dive from manatee to catfish hotel?

yeah, if you're apprentice cave (cave 2) or above :wink:

i am a lowly cave 1, so no traverses for me

also, the vis problem at manatee is that the rock there is rather dark, so it swallows
up the light.... add silt, and it gets really dark... once you stir it up, it takes quite
a while to settle down again

Andy:
Are you coming along?

Jean

jeandiver:
Andy:
Are you coming along?

Jean

oh yes... david blew your cover and told me the whole get-together idea,
so i sort of "invited myself"

(ahem)

Tat2, since we're both intro, want to do an intro dive at Manatee? I've only been
in there once

H2Andy:
oh yes... david blew your cover and told me the whole get-together idea,
so i sort of "invited myself"

(ahem)

Tat2, since we're both intro, want to do an intro dive at Manatee? I've only been
in there once

Sure Andy I would love to but if you get me killed I won't dive with you any more LOL :wink:

H2Andy:
(ahem)

in there once

If you wish to deviate from The Plan, you must obtain clearance from the dive coordinator/thread originator, no exceptions. :wink:

Soooo, Andy, Kevin, since both of you godlike beings are "Intro", why don't you two do an "Intro" dive, while us mere mortals flounder about in the cavern? Good idea, no? Of course, afterwords, you are required to hang out with us strokes in the cavern/OW area & critique our skills. :11:

Well I am up for any dive I was just asking how it was cause I have heard some tales of the flow there and wanted to get the low down before hand. But I am cool with working on slills you know that. I always like to work on skills. I just wanted to know what to exspect. Some say one foot forward and two feet back with every kick.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom