Folsom lake is warming up fast!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alex Chernak

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
This week I dove Folsom twice. On Sunday i used the 7mm and no hood nor gloves. At times it felt a bit warm.

Yesterday we figured we'd try a 3mm.

The coldest we saw was 67 degrees at 30' with the average temp being around 73 degrees. Most of the dive was between 20' and 30' so my 3mm shorty was very comfortable.

I'm including my favorite parts, the trees and large logs accumulated from the crazy amount of flow we had from the mountains, and the super curious baby fish :)

I wouldn't recommend hitting the trees for brand new divers though. But they were really really stunning. I do have to play with my camera for better low light quality.

This was at Beals Point.

Thanks for sharing! I'm in East Sac and was hoping to get back in Folsom Lake for fun and practice.
Nice to know it's not as cold. :)

Thanks for sharing! I'm in East Sac and was hoping to get back in Folsom Lake for fun and practice.
Nice to know it's not as cold. :)
Last two times is was shorts and tshirt dives. Haven't been back in a week, but plan to head back after this weekend.

I did a nice drift dive this last weekend in Black Miners Bar and the water was nice (a tad chilly @58F) and the clarity was great for Sacramento. @Alex Chernak lets hook up some time and do some dives.
1691608453534.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom