Folding snorkel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PADIinstructor

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Any chance that you guys might be developing a practical folding snorkel? As a PADI instructor, standards say the we must have a snorkel "on us"any chances that you will be making one?

They already do. It's sold under the Oceanic brand. The snorkel is well designed and works well. The clip though, unless it's been changed, is a velcro type device and it sucks. I replaced mine with one off of a Body Glove snorkel from Sam's club that has worked for going on 5 years now. When I'm actually using it. I switch between it and a j tube that I also sell. The folding is seeing less and less use as I like the j tube better and if I'm diving the snorkel is never on the mask anyway. So it gets tucked into my harness.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

haha I know both well! I have the XS Scuba version of the Aqualung (I don't know how you find your Aqualung, But I find mine to be very flimsy and take on water as a result), I was just hoping that Hollis was thinking about branding it themselves, then all my tech gear would be Hollis.:)

haha I know both well! I have the XS Scuba version of the Aqualung (I don't know how you find your Aqualung, But I find mine to be very flimsy and take on water as a result), I was just hoping that Hollis was thinking about branding it themselves, then all my tech gear would be Hollis.:)

Tech snorkel - :idk: does not compute

Tech gear and snorkel don't normally go in the same sentence...

and I find it works okay. I keep it in my pocket and pull it out on the boat when there are unexpected dolphins or something. For teaching I use a "regular" snorkel.

---------- Post added May 16th, 2013 at 03:07 PM ----------

Or "what CT Sean said"

I keep mine on a suicide clip on my pony bottle next to my split fins.....

I highly agree, however I all I legitimately want it for it so I have it in my rec BCD while I am teaching.

Yup I totally get that - I just thought the implication of a snorkel as tech gear was funny - and being the internet it could not go unaddressed :D

Back
Top Bottom