Fogging mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, another idea. I find my defog works best if I dry the mask, apply the defog and then leave it on the lenses. I don't rinse the mask until the very last minute. Sometimes I do a giant stride with it round my neck (hold your nose!), then rinse it and put it on once I'm in the water.

Z

Agree with Chad and Zept.

Don't rinse. After discovering that trick I haven't had a mask fog. It works for spit and baby shampoo. I just rub (either) in and try to let it dry for a while. Then just dive without any rinsing whatsover. Can't do that with toothpaste for obvious reasons.

Uncle Pug Spit works quite well but is fairly expensive....
I could supply you an 8 oz bottle of the good stuff for a price....

Originally posted by erwin.kodiat
...and also burn it with lighter carefully.
Huh? Could you elaborate, I've never heard of this!

Roak

Dear all,
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try all the method you guys suggested one by one. I will contact my dive shop to check whether they have PSI 500 or not.
About the "burning" question, one of my fellow said that every new mask will be coated by silicone that can be removed instantly if you burn it. Of course, you have to be careful not to burn the surounding rubber.

Erwin

Toothpaste periodically followed by a pre dive spit has always done the trick. Remember, the greener the cleaner!

The green bit is the spit! Ever had a stinking cold - you know what happens to your spit, first white then yellow then green! The phrase was given to me by my first OW instructor.

Clean a new mask with toothpasts and then use the old spitoli as defog. Works every time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom