Fogging mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erwin.kodiat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It's been 3 months (30 dives) I use my Mares Opera mask. Although I already put some baby shampoo & rinse it instead of spitting on it prior to a dive, but still after around 30 minutes of dive I got my mask fogging. Do you have any suggestion?
It never happen before with my old Ocean Master mask.
Thanks in advance

The only suggestion I can come up with is try PSI 500. It works well for me.

Chad

It is a brand of Mask defog. I will look for a website.

Chad

Did you scrub it thoroughly with toothpaste? I use a baby shampoo solution for everything (defog, suit seals, hose protectors, etc). I would try scrubbing it with toothpaste for a while.

Good luck,

Mike

Both those toothpaste ideas are good suggestions. I am kicking myself for not thinking of it. I just realized that I reversed the order it is called 500 PSI and I can't find a website dedicated to it but it is on most of the online dive retailer's sites.

Chad

I use 500 PSI and works great for me. Any dirt on your mask will allow fogging. The cleaner the better. I had major problems with my mask fogging. So I cleaned it several times with soft scrub and toothpaste then I started using the 500 PSI product.

One other tip.

Leave the defogging product on for a while before the dive and rinse it very gently. If you rub hard as you rinse it out it will was all of the product out and you are right back where you started.

Chad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom