Focus light information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bfuqua

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a Canon 40D with an Ikelite case and DS125 strobe. I would like to add a focus light to the rig. Any suggestions or are there some threads that can be recommended?

Bill

Wetpixel has a nice review of focus lights. Also try searching under the brand name you're interested in both here and in Wetpixel. There's a nice review out there with actual beam patterns and measurements of the various popular lights. I think you'll find it at Wetpixel.

I decided upon the Fisheye Fix LED48DX. Long burn time, nice smooth pattern, variable output. It's bright enough for a primary night dive light which is good because I ran out of hands.

I also tried the Fisheye mini but while it had a pleasing pattern it repeatedly flooded. I've read several reviews of this happening to others as well.

I'm using an Ikelite triple clamp for my focus light because I'm running with dual strobes. It works well.

Good luck.

Hi Bfuqua,

We have a package for the ikelite housings. If you already have two strobes just mention it on the order and we'll replace the housing adapter and the clamp with the triple clamp. Here's the Ikelite setup, we've sold quite a few of them to both members on here and wetpixel, you can probably find some reviews on them.

IkeLite housing take better underwater pictures with the assistance of SLX focus light

The SLX is also bright enough as a Primary dive light, you can consider getting the hand mount which will make the SLX a hand mounted tech light.

goodman handle for technical diving

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom