Foam Tank Holder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mitten Diver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get those foam tank holders custom made? I am looking for a system I can attach to a board for when I transport them in my car or truck. They need to be able to hold to E8-130's and at a minnimum my 40 cu ft pony. It would be cool if it could also hold my new 40 cu ft oxygen bottle also.

It would be cool if it could also hold my new 40 cu ft oxygen bottle also.

Sweet! :D

If you find out a place that will make them for you, post it here cause that sounds like a sweet setup. :)

I think if you look in the DIY section, there was a guy who makes something similar but out of plywood. He had a CNC machine that cut out the pieces. It was like a big jigsaw puzzle that you could break down flat.

How about a pool noodle, some rope and a dowel rod?

cut noodle to length, notch at two points, insert rope loop insert dowel cut to same length...

Are you talking about the ones that have a length of foam connected by rope like this?
get

The pool noodles and rope will work fine, it's the same foam.

If you are talking about the foam blocks with semi-circular notches cut into them that the tanks cradle in like this:
thumbnail.aspx

almost any packaging supplier (look for foam fabricators or foam packaging in your area) should be able to get you that material (ask for polyethylene plank or Ethafoam). Cuts nicely on a band saw or with an electric carving knife. They may also have some 4" thick cross-linked polyetylene blocks they can sell you. Heavier duty foam and does not cut as easily (band saw would be best), but will last forever.

If you need a hundred of them, let me know :D I can probably help you out.

there is black 1-2 inch think foam that comes in sheets (4x8 feet) you could make some pretty sick holders with it and a cheap foam cutting devise (hot knife, wire hooked up to a battery, hand saw, jig saw, circular saw(something that cuts)).

Oh yeah oh yeah, everything can be bought at lowes, home depot, or you local hardware store...

I just made the rope one. Instead of just running the rope through the noodle i bought a 1/2" PVC pipe and ran it through the noodle for extra support then put PVC "T"'s on the ends of the pipe. Then I ran the clothesline through the pipe. Seems to work pretty good.

I made mine with 2" PVC pipe and rope....had all the parts left from some work I did in the basement...so it became scuba gear....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom