FMT- Cylinder position when near empty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Look it’s you’re dive setup and especially when you come to sidemount you find that people begin to setup their gear differently. I think going pass 6” hose is way to long but it’s your choice. I personally wouldn’t have it but that’s up to you. I would say across the board with wetsuit, drysuit, even in a birthday suit the norm is 6”. I wouldn’t go out and start buying every single little thing though. I think you getting a new system and another sidemount class will help out beneficially. The main reason why I say taking the class again is because most sidemount instructors teach on one platform and know how to properly fit you.

Before I switched to transmitters only, I used 6” miflex hoses diving dry. Worked fine. I liked how they were more flexible. Also agree with taking the class again.

Before I switched to transmitters only, I used 6” miflex hoses diving dry. Worked fine. I liked how they were more flexible. Also agree with taking the class again.
I personally tell people to stay away from miflex on sidemount. I don’t see an issue with them on backmount cause of the long spg. With that being said I have seen multiple 6inch miflex hoses break/implode. They are flexible yes but that flexibility kills the products wearability and they get worn out faster. I was going to switch to AI when the garmin descent mk2i came out but decided to halt because the transmitter makes a beep sound and I like my dives to be silent.

I personally tell people to stay away from miflex on sidemount. I don’t see an issue with them on backmount cause of the long spg. With that being said I have seen multiple 6inch miflex hoses break/implode. They are flexible yes bu that flexibility kills the products wearability and they get worn out faster. What type of sidemount harness/bladder are you currently looking at?

I’ve got mine and I’m happy with it. Hollis SMS75. My cave instructor spent several hours with me over the summer getting it set up properly. She dives the same one when SM.

I’ve got mine and I’m happy with it. Hollis SMS75. My cave instructor spent several hours with me over the summer getting it set up properly. She dives the same one when SM.
Please tell me you use sliding d rings? I rarely ever see Hollis divers using them and their tank trim is hitting everything.

Please tell me you use sliding d rings? I rarely ever see Hollis divers using them and their tank trim is hitting everything.

I dive steels. Either 85s or 50s for quarry/lake fun stuff. No sliding D rings. I got good grades for tank trim/my trim in cave class.

I dive steels. Either 85s or 50s for quarry/lake fun stuff. No sliding D rings. I got good grades for tank trim/my trim in cave class.
Oh even when I dive with LP85s I use D-rings, how does the trim look at the end of the dive?

Oh even when I dive with LP85s I use D-rings, how does the trim look at the end of the dive?

I got no negative comments. Diving this weekend and asked someone to bring their GoPro so I can see.

I got no negative comments. Diving this weekend and asked someone to bring their GoPro so I can see.
Gopros are legit the best tool to work on your personal skills. Especially for an instructor to explain how to fix the skill.

I use faber galvy lp85s. In fresh water at 600psi, they aren't floaty in the tail, nor are my wife's HP80s. The LP85s are close enough to getting floaty that they would probably get tail floaty when empty in salt water but I wouldn't know.

Back
Top Bottom