FMT- Cylinder position when near empty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Eric77 the wing tabs can come forward a couple of inches. There's plenty of room to move forward on them from the pictures. Put the tri glide in front of the harness plate and hold the wing down directly with the triglide
I completely misunderstood how moving the wing tabs forward would hold the wing down. Thanks for pointing that out.

Get some sliding d rings online and put them on the waist belt/strap. Me personally I believe you are overweight because of how much air you have in you’re BC. It would not hurt getting a “sidemount refresher” just to be even more prepared for you’re cave course. I will say in 10 years sidemount has exponentially grown. It might be time for an upgrade. I personally run the XDeep harnes with the Tec bladder and I absolutely love it. I have tried 2 other systems and I personally found that Xdeep fits my style of diving. I also would recommend staying away from a 4 inch spg hose just because it won’t give you enough flexibility for a 180 in my experience. I don’t trust the miflex hoses, seen too many of them fail.
The modern sidemount systems are impressive. Definitely in my plans for this year to upgrade. What length SPG for a 180?

The modern sidemount systems are impressive. Definitely in my plans for this year to upgrade. What length SPG for a 180?
What I mean is I couldn’t fully bend an spg all the way to a 180 degree bend reliably. I could only do a full 180 degree with a 6inch and miflex are nice they are just easily worn down.

6inch is enough for a 180deg bend
In the lollipop mode (pointing forward) you don't have to bend them barely at all

What I mean is I couldn’t fully bend an spg all the way to a 180 degree bend reliably. I could only do a full 180 degree with a 6inch and miflex are nice they are just easily worn down.
Ah, ok. My SPGs are 6” and rubber, but bending them 180 degrees was too difficult and it felt like I was stressing the hose connections too much. Would longer ones be an overkill?

6inch is enough for a 180deg bend
In the lollipop mode (pointing forward) you don't have to bend them barely at all
Got it. Maybe it was my technique. I’ll try that again after more time in the water.

Ah, ok. My SPGs are 6” and rubber, but bending them 180 degrees was too difficult and it felt like I was stressing the hose connections too much. Would longer ones be an overkill?
if you are routing the SPGs down the tank (and in a drysuit with more fabric in your armpit) then 9" is usually used

6" is more typical for thin wetsuit users when down tank or lollipop for drysuits and thicker undergarments

4" is strictly a lollipop length.

if you are routing the SPGs down the tank (and in a drysuit with more fabric in your armpit) then 9" is usually used

6" is more typical for thin wetsuit users when down tank or lollipop for drysuits and thicker undergarments

4" is strictly a lollipop length.
Added to my shopping list, thanks

Look it’s you’re dive setup and especially when you come to sidemount you find that people begin to setup their gear differently. I think going pass 6” hose is way to long but it’s your choice. I personally wouldn’t have it but that’s up to you. I would say across the board with wetsuit, drysuit, even in a birthday suit the norm is 6”. I wouldn’t go out and start buying every single little thing though. I think you getting a new system and another sidemount class will help out beneficially. The main reason why I say taking the class again is because most sidemount instructors teach on one platform and know how to properly fit you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom