FMT- Cylinder position when near empty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive steel 12ltr fabers on an xdeep stealth with no butt plate and they trim out lovely,

I recommend getting some Sliding-D rings, that's just the way to go now-a-days. Considering you're trim is of bye 1/2 someone is gonna say something lol. How much weight are you diving with and I'm assuming by the look you are diving a drysuit?
Yeah, I’m diving dry with 4lbs total, 2 on each shoulder strap. I wouldn’t know where to put a sliding D-ring, since the only options on my nomad to clip lower would be on the waist strap. The leashes won’t reach up to the waist strap.

I dive steel 12ltr fabers on an xdeep stealth with no butt plate and they trim out lovely,
lol maybe someday I’ll upgrade to more modern equipment

B5F75FBD-C74A-4C8F-BBAE-0594492AB9CD.jpeg
2646C2AC-5568-449F-99F5-5CFFC521C2BC.jpeg
B515ECBD-0C8D-4047-B955-5EC395246A9B.jpeg
Here’s the rig with around 2400 psi in each cylinder. Any more spears are appreciated.

I don’t recall if the nomad wing attaches to the front w a belly band or waist clip or not at all but finding a manner to tame it would help.

I have strong distaste for lollipop style SPG but acknowledge there’s a school of thought that teaches it.

What bungee system are you using? Reg end of tank is a few inches low. Would shorten bungee or ditch the DR ring bungee system if it’s ring bungee system and use loop/old school/armadillo style bungee loops.

I’m not fond of weight in that spot and prefer it closer to the traps but if it works for you so be it.

How tall are you? I don’t think you’ll be able to get the waist strap on the Nomad low enough on your hips to use sliding rings.

What’s the 1” webbing and plastic ring hanging below the crown of the cylinders?

I have strong distaste for lollipop style SPG but acknowledge there’s a school of thought that teaches it.

I find a 4" lollipop works well for me. Enough of something to grab so I can pull it forward to look, less of a down pointing lever if/when the tails ride up.

As sacrereligious as it sounds I put 2lbs on the cam bands of my faber lp85s when diving mix. There is no way to front clip them with suit gas on one hip, a suit heater canister in the other hip, and my butt being full of RB scrubber heater and light canister batteries. They still want to ride up a bit with 15/55 and 10/70 - which is not all that different than the OPs tanks at 1200psi. Even PST hp 100s want to tip forward, and those hold less BO gas.

I don’t recall if the nomad wing attaches to the front w a belly band or waist clip or not at all but finding a manner to tame it would help.

What bungee system are you using? Reg end of tank is a few inches low. Would shorten bungee or ditch the DR ring bungee system if it’s ring bungee system and use loop/old school/armadillo style bungee loops.

I’m not fond of weight in that spot and prefer it closer to the traps but if it works for you so be it.

How tall are you? I don’t think you’ll be able to get the waist strap on the Nomad low enough on your hips to use sliding rings.

What’s the 1” webbing and plastic ring hanging below the crown of the cylinders?
The nomad wing is attached as close as possible the waist clip that holds it down. I can put in a bungee to tame it, but I’ll lose lift.
CA2A9692-212E-44DD-ABAB-D6488112B114.jpeg

F39432E5-1585-45BC-B0A0-741B64FE1F0F.jpeg

I tried swapping the SPGs to the lower port, but it’s very difficult to read them. Maybe longer hoses and route them down?

I’m using loop bungees. They’re 10 years old. Maybe they lost elasticity and need to be replaced? With the current length it’s nearly impossible to get them around the valve handles.
F487FA78-68A7-47F9-A66B-B79863EAD1F3.jpeg

I’m 5’8”. The 1” webbing is the chest strap. Need to tuck that in, thanks.
2BA13A3B-821B-41DF-97E0-1A3DFEAE7A75.jpeg

Ill
I find a 4" lollipop works well for me. Enough of something to grab so I can pull it forward to look, less of a down pointing lever if/when the tails ride up.

As sacrereligious as it sounds I put 2lbs on the cam bands of my faber lp85s when diving mix. There is no way to front clip them with suit gas on one hip, a suit heater canister in the other hip, and my butt being full of RB scrubber heater and light canister batteries. They still want to ride up a bit with 15/55 and 10/70 - which is not all that different than the OPs tanks at 1200psi. Even PST hp 100s want to tip forward, and those hold less BO gas.
I’ll look into the 4” spgs, thanks. I might get flogged if I put weights on my 95s. Until I have the experience to justify it anyway.

@Eric77 the wing tabs can come forward a couple of inches. There's plenty of room to move forward on them from the pictures. Put the tri glide in front of the harness plate and hold the wing down directly with the triglide

Yeah, I’m diving dry with 4lbs total, 2 on each shoulder strap. I wouldn’t know where to put a sliding D-ring, since the only options on my nomad to clip lower would be on the waist strap. The leashes won’t reach up to the waist strap.

Get some sliding d rings online and put them on the waist belt/strap. Me personally I believe you are overweight because of how much air you have in you’re BC. It would not hurt getting a “sidemount refresher” just to be even more prepared for you’re cave course. I will say in 10 years sidemount has exponentially grown. It might be time for an upgrade. I personally run the XDeep harnes with the Tec bladder and I absolutely love it. I have tried 2 other systems and I personally found that Xdeep fits my style of diving. I also would recommend staying away from a 4 inch spg hose just because it won’t give you enough flexibility for a 180 in my experience. I don’t trust the miflex hoses, seen too many of them fail.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom