Flying with Reg ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Natasha,

Thanks for your info. I would happily stow all my kit in the hold provided airlines

1. Handled my checked baggage with the respect it deserves so that I end up with undamaged regs, whats the point of having them serviced annually to have them thrown around an airplane loading faclility.

2. Increased hold allowance so that we could all take camera equipment in large solid but heavy well padded camera boxes.

3. Presurize the hold to stop any fears I have of damage to my gauges.

As I know none of these will happen I will be carrying on those items and I will just have to appologise to my fellow passengers. I hope they understand.

I would like to make an addition concerning September 11. I want all our American friends to know that the support from the UK following the terrorist attrocities is with the people of this country. Political rhetoric and royal regalia can be just that, but at this time I am proud of Tony Blair, The Monarchy and the British people who I find in every case to be committed to stand with the USA.

Neil

I agree with neil on his touching words and sentiments as another Brit, god bless Tony Blair and America in this troubled and uncertain time.xx

We also think Tony Blair has been wonderful. And we feel all of your support. Thank you.
'Safe Travels' to all. God Bless.
:sunny:

Anyone out there hear Mr. Blair's speech to Parliment about two weeks ago? He outlined "our" position on terrorism better than anyone has done to date. Thank God for leaders like Tony Blair who have the backbone to stand up and condemn the individuals and the countries who promote terrorism.:tree:Bob

I was always told to carry the regulator on because an unpressurized hold will damage your gauges. Haven't been flying since 911 but will probably take my reg. to Key West in January and it's going in my carry on, along with my computer.

ber :bunny:

Natasha -

Aren't you in the travel industry? Are there any statistics available or have you been keeping an unofficial record of lost/damaged luggage for divers?

What about the unpressurized hold question? Have you ever had any problems with gauges being damaged after traveling in the hold?

I have an uneasy feeling about putting my regs, camera, and computer in the hold. However, I would like to "sail" through the security checkpoint to the gate.

I hope you keep us posted on the negative aspect of checking these items when you hear of them. I know it defeats your argument but I would rather be safe than sorry. Maybe you haven't heard of any. But I trust you would hear more feedback than the rest of us.

Thanks for your point of view and the knowledge you bring to this board.

-becky

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom