Flying Mantas - Dive Shop in Mumbai, India

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

neetshah

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We recently launched Flying Mantas - Mumbai's first dive shop. We offer PADI and SSI certifications and organize trips to various destinations in and around India.

In India, the two most popular destinations for scuba diving are the Andamans and the Lakshadweep islands both world class diving destinations and spectacularly beautiful. There are also some very interesting dive destinations along the west coast of India. We recently conducted a 3 day trip from Mumbai to Netrani Island in Karnataka. The diving was very interesting with some beautiful underwater formations, good fish life (lion fish, porcupine fish, snappers, scorpion fish, barracuda, lobsters, crabs, and the occasional turtle and shark), and even a couple of unexploded torpedoes. Visibility is typically between 8-15 meters (25-50 feet) and the water is warm: 29 C (84 F).

We are also going to explore Dwarka as a potential destination for a short trip from Mumbai (this could also be pretty convenient from Rajasthan). We will provide an update after we check it out.

For our certifications, we typically conduct our confined training in a pool in Mumbai either at Hotel Sea Princess at Juhu or at Body Rhythms at Mantralaya. The open water check out dives can be completed on one of our trips or on a referral.

If you want to chat about diving in India, feel free to reach out to us. http://www.flyingmantas.com

Last edited by a moderator:
We haven't picked a day just yet, but will definitely do a trip within the next 6-8 weeks.In the meanwhile, we have a trip planned to Netrani on Jan 9 and another on Jan 24.

If there is a particular date that you would like to go to Dwarka, let me know and we can try to schedule a trip around your preferences.

I have dived quite a number of times in Netrani and Lakshadweep. I am looking for some new places. Let me know about Dwarka - I am not in a hurry but I guess it will have to be done well before the rains...

Thanks for the post neetshah, I was looking for more information on diving in India, especially good locations on the west coast, what is the best season for diving (weather, vis, etc.). Do you have any maps of locations/reefs/underwater features to help plan a trip?

Thanks again.

Hi neet,

I am planning to do my PADI certification here in the US (Seattle, WA) and was also wondering if we have any dive shops in mumbai. Glad i found one :). I am from mumbai and would like to do diving once i am back.

the url of your dive shop is not working i guess.. can you pls give me more info?

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom