Flying after 2 dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you - absolute maximum would be 30m - both dives to 29m today were 44 minutes average depth of 16m - should be similar tomorrow.

If you could -assuming you are Nitrox certified- do the dives on the highest % of Nx allowed for the planned max depth (I.e. 35% for 30m), would also help reduce the nitrogen load and shorten your no-fly time.

If you're flying a commercial airline, it'll probably be late anyhow.

Personally, I don't push it, but I'm Mr. Conservative. That extra dive isn't worth increasing my risk of getting bent.

Sleeping it off will help
I'd love to learn the physiology behind this (purported) effect.

--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug

sleeping helps take stress off of the joints where the bubbles typically form, it also puts you in a state of relaxation which helps the offgassing process. You increase the risk of DCS if you are cold, tired, and dehydrated. Sleeping actually helps quite a bit in the offgassing process.

sleeping helps take stress off of the joints where the bubbles typically form, it also puts you in a state of relaxation which helps the offgassing process. You increase the risk of DCS if you are cold, tired, and dehydrated. Sleeping actually helps quite a bit in the offgassing process.

Very interested in the science and physiology behind this statement. Do you have links to any published articles?

this was told to me while I was doing some research with Duke Hyperbarics, I'm sure there is a paper published somewhere, and I will try to find it on the effects of rest and offgassing.

So what you are saying is that I need a nap after diving! Not a shopping trip with the now ex. Stop researching !!! Now!! Anecdotal evidence is enough.:cool2::D:D:coke:

Dive away! If your commercial jet has an explosive decompression at 33,000 feet, you have a lot more to worry about then getting bent.

Planes are only pressurized to 1/2 ATA. So plan your day before flight accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dive away! If your commercial jet has an explosive decompression at 33,000 feet, you have a lot more to worry about then getting bent.

Planes are only pressurized to 1/2 ATA. So plan your day before flight accordingly.

"Explosive" may be a big problem for everyone. I think the rapid loss of cabin pressure is more common and requires you grab the mask that has fallen and "secure to yourself before helping a child or someone else. The bag may not inflate all the way but oxegyn will be flowing" something like that. I recall a flight landing in Hawaii that had most of the roof ripped off. Other than the flight attendant who landed independently of the rest of the flight everyone survived.

3/4ata actually. 0.5ATA would be dangerously hypoxic....

Back
Top Bottom