Flower Garden's Trip a bust - CANCELLED!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sandyke - I know the group your going with and you'll have a BLAST don't worry about that!!

Howdy all....I just joined the board and have been reading a lot of it before I started posting. This particular thread I could not pass up.

My name is Robert and I am one of the Lead DiveMasters for Gulf Diving. I generally work the Fling but on occasions, I have the opportunity to work with Melanie on the Spree. I am sure that I have met most of you that have actually had the pleasure of making one of the trips, because I am fortunate enough to make it out frequently. Last year alone, I was able to go out 20+ times and every trip was awesome. Even the ones that the weather Gods tried to cancel.

Keep your chin up, you will eventually make it out there and when you do, you WILL NOT be disappointed, I PROMISE YOU.

My trip did go this past weekend!!! I was on the Fling - It was a great trip -hammerheads, tiger sharks, spotted eagle rays, and a manta that was the size of my car!!! There were 3 of us hanging on the rope at about 45' and all of the sudded out of the dark comes a mid sized sedan with glowing eyes!!! Not ONE of us had a camear on that dive - at least there were two others on the line below us to confirm the story. We couldn't do a night dive because of the tiger sharks being out - they feed at night! Every time I close my eyes I can see the hammerheads - it was awesome - I did take photos - but I fear that I was in such shock - I probably have some great shots of BLUE WATER! The water was rough on Friday night and most of Saturday - Sunday was smoother. I wore the patch and took meclazine. I didn't toss anything - but some did. It is a weekend that I won't forget for a long time! The group I was with from Coral Adventures in Lewisville were very nice to me! It was great! Sandy

Well the M/V Fling made it out this past week end March 6-7 and the weather was great. We saw Hammerheads, Tiger sharks, Eagle rays, Manta Rays, turtles, large schools of King Mackeral, Amber Jacks and lots of coral. So don't give up on winter diving out in the Gulf. Just keep booking and eventually you will get a great trip out to the Flower Gardens. There is still spots left on the March 20-21, 2004 trip aboard the Fling.

tx.lakerats:
Glad to hear it Sandy!! Told you the group was a good one!!

Tx.lakerats - you were so right! The group from Coral Adventures was very, very nice to me. They were great. I hope to dive with them again soon!! Thanks again. Sandy

Sorry to hear it got busted on you. There's always Cozumel! I know I just had a good time there.

Just check with Joe Sandy... in the summer we are out at CSSP or Travis almost every weekend!! And if where not diving with classes we're out there fun diving!!

sandyke,

I was on the Spree this past weekend (March 6 and 7) and I suppose I owe you all an apology, sorta. :frown2:

I was the one that was responsible for your night dive being cancelled. I got WAY too close to a 16 to 18 foot Tiger on my ascend after my safety stop....It is one thing seeing sharks with their mouth open on TV and in magazines, but NOTHING like seeing it up close and personal (about 5 to 6 feet) from me. Still uneasy about what happen, but thank GOD, my 6th sense kicked in when it did or I wouldn't be making this post.

Glad you all had a great time and looking forward to diving with all of you in the future.

-Robert (aka zendiver)

Robert - I am just glad you are okay! I had done 4 dives that day - and had seen all there was to see in my opinion! I am sure the event did give you quite a scare.

Take care.

Sandy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom