Flower Garden's Trip a bust - CANCELLED!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justin-branam

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i figured i would rant. i was so excited about my trip this weekend, and like the past few trips it got cancelled. eeerrrrrrr!!!!! now i have nothing to do. good news is i get to help work up at the dive shop for a little while. i guess thats extra cash i can put towards a curacua (spelling?) trip. okay, rant off.

I'm sorry for ya, Bud! There are still openings on the March 20-21 trip. We could reschedule our Goode's trip for the week before.

Dee:
I'm sorry for ya, Bud! There are still openings on the March 20-21 trip. We could reschedule our Goode's trip for the week before.

nah, im good now. (it save me money anyways). i may go on an april trip. weather shouldnt be a problem then. plus i dont want to change Goode's around AGAIN!

I STILL have yet to get out to the Banks. I have scheduled THREE trips in April the last few years, and every one cancelled due to weather. Bleah!!

Archman:

I too will be scheduling my 4th trip without having gone out yet. I am going to start charging people that really want to go a fee for me not to sign up, so they will have a better chance of going.

dnhill

I've gone out 5 for 5...however, the last trip had 7-9' seas after the second dive..

I have been watching the NOAA site just to see what the weather has been like out there. I havn't seen favorable wind and waves last more than 24 hours in awhile.

Hopefuly we will get a break on the March trip.

TwoBit

justin-branam:
I guess thats extra cash i can put towards a curacua (spelling?) trip.

Allow me....Curacao

You got close... :)

Ya'll don't feel bad....I had 12 trips cancel before I made it out the first time on #13. I scheduled all timed during the year, I was starting to feel like a jinx. In fact, I had just about quit trying when a friend who had a trip planned called and asked if I could be on the boat in an hour. He had someone cancel at the last minute and there was a free spot if I wanted it. DUH! I was the last one on the boat and had to sleep in the last bunk in the bow of the boat but we had pancake flat seas for 2 days and say 3 whalesharks! This was at the end of August, 2000.

My luck hasnt been better. Scheduled twice with groups i know. Cancelled twice. Not willing to commit my weekends to this on poor odds. Going to Cozumel last weekend of May with a good group. should be fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom