Flower Gardens road trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by TexasMike
Also, do we have any ideas of the typical dive profiles? As in how deep and how many times a day? Do they follow the same "schedule" as the Fling/Spree?

I believe this was covered in some of the original trip planning but.....

Yes...the Sea Searcher follows the same basic schedule as the others. You can expect to get 7-8 dives, depending on conditions and the availability of a diveable rig on the way back.

As for profiles....The reef starts at 65-70ft and there is a 100ft depth limit for safety reasons. Remember you'll be over 100 miles offshore...that's not a good place to have an emergency. So be extra careful with your ascent rates, bottom times, nitrogen loads and lengthy surface intervals. Ya'll be careful down there!

Captain Harold will be calling me at around 11am on Friday, the 9th to let me know if the trip is a GO or not. I'll immediately post it here on the board as well as send emails to everyone on the list. You will board the boat at 9pm sharp, not before. Bring all your dive gear, including weights, gloves and lights. They will provide linens, towels, etc. I've sent you all maps to get to the dock, let me know if you didn't get the email.

Here's a link to the FAQ's which will answer most of your questions.

Although Beast and I won't be on the trip, we'll be at the dock to see you off. If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

And no...there are no spaces available!

For comfort you all are probably going to get to rotate seats some.

We will set up a loading point soon. TM I figured you would come to my place. We are picking Bill up at SMU in Dallas. Its off 75 so it'll be easy to get there. If yall want to come here I'll PM directions. Texass and Ken, yall may want to consider sharing as you two live fairly close together.

Ken, Don't worry. I won't lash ya to the roof rack. :wink:

TwoBit

With all of our wetsuits in the car with us on the way back, I may be a gentleman and volunteer to ride on the roof rack.

As that week approaches, I wouldn't mind seeing if ya'll would like to meet maybe Wednesday evening for drink or a bite to eat.

Are ya'll bringing pony bottles, if so, what size?

Bill

On the return trip, with all those aromatic wetsuits in the car, ya'll may be fighting for who gets to ride on the roof!

No fightling, I already called it!

I think we should just fed-ex them all back in one box to save the misery.

Do we have a list of who all is going on the trip? I'm talking about the SeaSearcher II, not TwoBit Txn's driving adventure.

Originally posted by TwoBitTxn
16 days and counting.

My suburban just became full.

Me (driving)
TexasMike(sleeping)
Bill Walton
ScubaTexan
Texass

Mike spoke often about your trip, I wish that I was closer and had a spot, sounds like you guys are going to have a blast.

At least I know I'm not the only one who transports a sleeping TexasMike.... he's the only person I know who can fall asleep while pulling out of a driveway!

Texass,

There is a list on one of the other threads around here somewhere.

DG,

I have said the same thing more than once about his sleeping. Its truely amazing.

TwoBit

A couple of people have asked about carrying pony bottles. The boat allows for up to a 40cuft pony. Remember we are carrying 5 people and gear. I don't mind hauling it, but please keep in mind I don't have infinite space.

TwoBit

Mike (TexasMike)
Bill Walton
Larry Day (daylight)
Steve Fath (instructor) - DM
Diane
Rob Pittman (don’t know his board name)
Tabitha
Tom (TwoBit)
Bob (cinciBob)
Corsair
SeaWolf (Lynette)
Jerry?
Ken (luvdiving)
Miles King (mking1)
Ken (Scubatexan)
Campana - DM

I know Texass is on the list but I don't know who he replaced.

TwoBit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom