Flower Gardens on the Spree- March 15-16th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I remember a trip in March?? several years ago when the weather got ugly on the saturday night. One member of our group went up to the saloon in the middle of the night ,took one look outside and decided it was time to start drinking :D
IIRC the waves were something like 10 feet . I spent the night holding on to the rails of the bunk so as not to get thrown on to the floor as the boat headed slowly for home.
It was exciting.

Yes, We still talk about that one. The waves actually were 16 feet, it took 16 hours to come home from the East bank in a full Texas blue norther (the first I had ever seen), Tom's was on the Spree, I was on the Fling, and so seasick Melanie had to drive most of the way home. That was my last trip ever on the Fling.

divewookie:
The waves actually were 16 feet, it took 16 hours to come home from the East bank in a full Texas blue norther (the first I had ever seen),

Well at least I was not exaggerating about the waves ! I was on the Spree and the funny thing was that even though Capt Randy only has one leg he seemed to be the only person able to stand upright.

divewookie:
Yes, We still talk about that one. The waves actually were 16 feet, it took 16 hours to come home from the East bank in a full Texas blue norther (the first I had ever seen), Tom's was on the Spree, I was on the Fling, and so seasick Melanie had to drive most of the way home. That was my last trip ever on the Fling.

16 feet waves and seasick on a 100 foot boat? :11: What a bunch of wussies!!
And a pretty girl had to drive the boat----- wait till your old navy buddies hear about this. Did I tell you about the time back in 79 when I was out in the gulf on a 40 footer and a hurricane was smacking us around with 20 foot + waves------:popcorn:

Hemlon:
The trip is off due to weather.

:(

I'm sorry, Hemlon.
:hugs:

Hemlon:
The trip is off due to weather.

I checked the NWS forcast for the weekend, it looks ok saturday but Sunday not so good, maybe it will change by then, I hope for you that it does, good luck

Hemlon:
Thanks, ScubaTexan!

Plenty more opps this season!! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom