Flower Gardens -- Nitrox or not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teknadv3x:
Do they allow you to dive your own tank if you are doing nitrox?
Also how much is the charge for Nitrox?

Dave

Yes you can dive your own tank up to 98 Cuft. If you dive anything over that they charge double and it is frowned upon. Charge is $65 for the 2 day trip and $90 for the three day trip.

Yes, they will provide an 80cuft tank nitrox, no need to bring your own.

Crazyduck:
I would first like to say excellent question. ... use a Nitrox computer! If you do not own one RENT IT. ... To close personally, you would totally benefit from diving Nitrox at the gardens plus the END benefit is substantial. Get the computer!
Debraw:
Yes, they will provide an 80cuft tank nitrox, no need to bring your own.

Excellent posts and good info. Thanks Andrew (and others) for the thorough response. I missed a couple of answers though. :)

1. If you bring your own tank (less than 98 cuft), will they fill it with Nitrox?
2. What mix do they fill with? I am assuming EAN 32, but I dont think anyone actually said that.
3. If arrangements are made in advance can they provide a bigger tank?

I hope to get a FG trip in later this year.

Willie

wet-willie:
1. If you bring your own tank (less than 98 cuft), will they fill it with Nitrox?
2. What mix do they fill with? I am assuming EAN 32, but I dont think anyone actually said that.
3. If arrangements are made in advance can they provide a bigger tank?

1) You need to bring the tank full to the boat.
2) It's 32%
3) No they can not provide a larger tank. Depending on who you book your trip through though they may throw in a rental of a larger tank for free. Hint Hint...

Willie,

The "EAN32 mix" is done through a membrane blend, so it's variable between 31 and 33, and for those of you that are worried about that first dive of the day, and believe in 1.6 PPO2, then get a fill at a local diveshop with EAN28-30 and dive it. But good luck on the East or West banks getting lower than 100. And about the tanks, make sure they're O2 cleaned and got stickers on them. VIP, Hydro need to be in date, and the steels can't be older than like 1992, I believe, someone correct me here.

Debraw:
Yes you can dive your own tank up to 98 Cuft. If you dive anything over that they charge double and it is frowned upon. Charge is $65 for the 2 day trip and $90 for the three day trip.

So let me get this straight, I pull off a dive with a 104 and on that dive I use 60 cf. of nitrox. On the same dive another diver using a 80 uses 65 cf of nitrox he is charged a single fee and I am frowned upon and charged double...Is this correct?

Dave

Teknadv3x:
So let me get this straight, I pull off a dive with a 104 and on that dive I use 60 cf. of nitrox. On the same dive another diver using a 80 uses 65 cf of nitrox he is charged a single fee and I am frowned upon and charged double...Is this correct?

Dave

If you only plan to use 60 cf, why you need more than an 80? Tank fills are priced according to cylinder size. I've never seen anyone charge based on how much air was added. What they are really telling you is they don't want to handle different sizes. It's much easier (tank racks, storage, handling, etc.) when everything is a standard size.

Teknadv3x:

Dave

LOL...Do you overthink EVERYTHING?

:wink:

OK, are there any dive charters that offer AOW & Nitrox certification at the Gardens?
This sounds like a great opportunity.
Lots of diving and up grade at the same time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom