Flower Gardens Bent Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon:
I don't know, but I would think rare, as the 2-1/2 hour minimum SI and other safety standards required by the boats are very admirable.

I'm still exhausted and sore from the adventure, and I bet Diver 85 is having a rougher one right now as I heard the seas were expected to be up higher than on our trip.

HELLO from Louisiana........DD, it was RUFF, 4-8's going out Wed nite, took us 10 hrs to get to the West Bank(buoy 2)........Thursday morning, started a little behind a 'normal' schedule but finished up that day's diving, #5-the nite dive, by going in the water @ 9 PM-- had hot baked brownies & Blue Bell ice cream waiting for us afterwards, great crew from top to bottom, VERY experienced & very nice people that knew what was going on with each individual diver, especially those making all the dives...........Out of the 30 (paid) divers, only 10 of us made all 7 dives, & some guests were upchucking about 5-10 miles out the jetties......All in all, very good diving even though the current was ripping(3
+ kts) on the afternoon rig dive & the 5 PM East Bank buoy 1 dive....Would you believe when the 10 of us went in for the nite dive, there was very little current, thank goodness(although I chickened out on bringing my camera, man that reef was beautiful @ nite with no current!!!).......Every diver needs to experience the FG, very nice...........click the link for a few of Stetson buoy 1's I uploaded last nite, alot more to come with some great video taken........

BTW, need a fish ID on the little horned one in the 5th picture....TIA.......

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w169/GEAUXtiger/Flower%20Garden%20Stetson%20072007/

I was lucky enough to go a coral spawning trip to the Flower Gardens in 2004. It has by far been the best trip I have taken yet. I keep looking for another spawning trip but it seems they only take out researchers every year now. Wish I could find that CD of pictures that my dive partner for that trip took. I was about the only one out there without a camera.And Hermann has a great chamber, the next closest chamber is in Conroe.

I'd put the horny one as a seaweed blenny. I've recorded them at FGB previously.

awap:
I'd put the horny one as a seaweed blenny.

it's some kind of blenny, but that's the extent of my i.d.

i'd go with awap on this one

TwoBitTxn:
Your Angel fish is an intermediate phase French Angel Fish.

Nice pics.

TwoBit

Meaning it's not an adult, yet??......and will take on the appearance of 'regular' french angel later???...thanks for the info, didn't know that.....Joe......

diver 85:
Meaning it's not an adult, yet??......and will take on the appearance of 'regular' french angel later???...thanks for the info, didn't know that.....Joe......
There is a pic of a adult French angel about mid cabin, port side of the Spree's dining area - I think the Capt calls the house - that you probly looked at several times on your trip. Hardly anyone notices that it's really two French Angels, a tiny juvenile cleaning an adult's gills. I saw that happen on Stetson, too.

diver 85:

Right, its an adolescent. Not a juvenile, not an adult.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom