Flower Gardens 16-17 Aug 03

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

More good information, thanks Awap (what does that stand for anyway)

With all of the information you guys are feeding me, I'll be an old pro before I even board the boat LOL

By the way, I noticed on the "Things to Bring" list that Tom's has online that you bring your Dive log..is the crew going to check that or something. I've made problably 400 dives over the last 15 years but I'm not just real good about logging every one of them. In fact I haven't updated my log book in about 2 years.

Scott D.

I bring my logbook so I can record stuff before I forget or before dives scroll thru my computer's memory capacity. I've never had anyone look at it yet, but you never know.

When I went out a few weeks ago the only time dive logs were mentioned were for those without computers diviing tables. "Table divers" were "required" to log their dives and keep track of their pressure group, and were advised to skip a dive for safety. Logs were never checked however -- and I seriously doubt they ven remembered who the table divers were 10 minutes after they siad it.

In my opinion... skipping a dive is unnecessary as well. with a mandatory 2 1/2 hour surface interval between every dive, you should be back to an almost normal "a" type pressure group for every dive. I suppose you could be less if you dove deep and more to the table limits.... but... just my 2 cents...

Jieh[my son] & I got lucky and went out last weekend and I definitely agree with the last two posts.

They give an intro lecture on the dock & then open the gates for all to score bunks and tank sites. We did well getting a pair of bunks in a center cabin - - - but missed the tank sites, so ended up in teh middle of a large group trying to suit up before every dive. [We just took it easy, entered relatively late - and still got good time].

As per dive logs/tables - our logs were not inspected, but we were diving NitrOx and Computers. I did notice that we routinely got 40 minuteish dives while the table folks, even as A's, had a limit of about 15 minutes. An excellent reason right there for the extra 50$ !

I have great hopes that by this weekend I'll have enough clear time to post a small report.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom