Flower Gardens 16-17 Aug 03

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Freeport.

About $350 or so. Give or take a little.

Not normally.

The Gulf Diver boats and the Sea Searcher boat dock right next to one another. Its right next to the Capt Elliots marina in Freeport.

TwoBit

No ground transport to and from isn't included, you have to make it there on your own..at least that's what I'm told. I have heard of people carpooling up there though <shrug> :eek:ut:

Scott D.

The group from Dallas normally carpools.

Its cheeper on everyone.

Its more fun.

The drive back on Sunday night is long and you are already tired. Someone needs to keep the driver awake or help drive.

TwoBit

TwoBitTxn once bubbled...
The group from Dallas normally carpools.

Its cheeper on everyone.

Its more fun.

The drive back on Sunday night is long and you are already tired. Someone needs to keep the driver awake or help drive.

I served that function once upon a time...:)

Hope you can get Des to ride shotgun for you, while Mike entertains the Sandman...:D

Unfortunately I don't live in that area, I'm in Austin. Soooooo more than likely I'll get a room for the night and drive back the next morning, no biggie. This whole thing is going to be one big adventure for me, I haven't been in the big blue since Cayman Madness of 97 :(

y'all are making me jealous. I haven't been to FG since '97. It was a great trip. Some storms through the night trip out. I recommend getting a bunk close to the center of the vessel (less tossing about while you are sleeping). We had 80% of the passengers chumming, but I was one of the lucky few that didn't get sick.

Have fun!!!

Mmmmmmmmmm so you recommend getting a bunk closer to the center of the vessell?

I'm just curious, what happens when you board..you just walk on and go find where you want to stow your gear or what? This will be my first trip, can you tell LOL

Scott D.

Hey LVX,

So you're a trip leader for Tom's? That's where I booked my trip through. Do you actually work at the shop or what? I'm just curious, I'd like to get more involved in the dive industry somehow. I've Divemastered for Instructors before with classes out at Wyndy Point but that's the extent of my experience..well not the extent of it but you know what I mean.

Scott D.

Scott

When you board, you need to lay claim to a bunk below and a tank location top side. This is a good time to have a buddy the split those duties. Study to boat layout online so you know where you are going. But unless you have some special requirements, there isn't much difference between the choices. Even the upper bunks aren't that bad. You get to step on the diver below you rather than the other way around.

Spending the night on return is probably unnecessary. You should get in around 1700 & back in Buda NLT 1000. You can catch 3 to 4 hours sleep on the trip back between Stetson and Freeport.

Be safe & have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom