Flower Garden Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What I've been told is they cancel when the waves are over 3'. My 1st attempt got cancelled, but they had an opening the following week that I got on. God smiles on fools & idiots I guess since that let me get there for the coral spawning. Corsair & Sea Wolf got cancelled 2 or 3 times last year. They did make it out with the rest of the Texas Swampers this year.

Flower Gardens buoy

Thanks Rockhound.
Summer sounds like the time to dive the gardens, if your not a local. I was in Houston, on business, in the summer of 2000 & tried to dive the gardens. Unable to go - everything was booked up. My fault, as I tried to go at the last minute.
I had not considered a trip which would continue on to Coz. Great idea - thanks again f/ all the helpful info :)

I am booked on the Sea Searcher for a three day fourth of July weekend trip. I will not know if the boat will go to the day before it is supposed to. But for me this is ok I have flexabilty at work and live in north tx it is about a six hour drive for me. Although alot of trips do get canceled, but it's up to the weather. I picked the Sea Searcher based on reviews. Never dove the gardens but alot of rigs and wrecks,and one dive on the va fogg the captain had to pull us with a rope to the bow and we kicked like hell just to reach the anchor line to get down to the wreck and when we got there you did not let go of the wreck awesome current that day!Second dive was entry from the bow!

Back
Top Bottom