Florida Keys Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt Gary:
We've had people stay in the Upper Keys, (Key Largo/Tavernier/Islamorada) and do day trips down to Key West. Remember it's some 90 miles to Key West and it's mostly a two lane highway with max speed limits of 55mph.
QUOTE]

AND it is a LONG boring drive. I will NEVER drive to Key West again ... they do have an airport, and flights from Miami international only take less than 30 minutes ..

I dove with Pirates Cove in Key West earlier this year ... they were real professional, and do two tank dives in both the morning and the afternoon. I LOVE Key West ... the night life there is good, lots to do, excellent resturants and hotels. We stayed at the Hilton on the beach, which was an OK hotel ... next time down there, probably will stay with Marriott ...

Key West diving just doesn't compare to the Upper Keys. Looe Reef between Marathon and Key West is worth a day trip to dive it. The attraction in Key West is the night life, not the diving.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom