Florida Keys diving recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redhatmama:
I've passed the Hungry Pelican many times and its one of those places that look kind of hokey on the outside. I'm not sure if clotheslines are for me though. :)
Actually, I was kind of saying that it is so tacky and hokey that you could do things like stringing a clothseline and rebuilding a car engine in front of your room/cabin without anybody even noticing. :banana:

I appreciate it Charlie. :)

erdoc1:
I think that what we plan to do is 3 days (arrival night 10 pm, 2 dive days) in the lower keys (upper part - Big Pine/Marathon) to hit Busch, Looe Key, Sombrero and Thunderbolt, and 4 days in Tavernier/Islamorada/Key Largo. Tavernier looks like it's halfway between them and a decent place to dive from. Any recommendations for lower keys dive ops? Underseas, Inc looked interesting on the web but I keep getting my emails bounced back to me as undeliverable.
For diving the Lower Keys, contact Rachel at Wreckreation Charters (see post #30).

KW is not horrible, it's just ok. The vis is not as clear as the mid and upper keys and you have to take long boat rides out to get any decent depth or vis. Plus there are really only 2 rec level wrecks, the Cayman and Joe's Tug. The Tug was very beat up when I dove it last summer and that was before Wilma had her way with the Keys. Stick in KL if you only have a day to dive.

Mid Keys Diving I would recommend Capt Morgan out of Capt Hooks in Marathon. Ocean Divers in Key LArgo is great. Lower Keys are tougher, BPK is very limited. If I had to me a recommendation there I guess it would have to be Innerspace, IF they are even open when you pass by and IF they even have a boat going out. Key West woiuld be Captain's Corner

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom