Florida Keys Dive ops that will hold onto dive gear during week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ECPaul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are a group of 6 - 8 divers looking to spend a week diving in the FL Keys, and we are wondering if any of the dive operators in that area will hold onto our gear (BC’s, weight belts, fins, etc.) at the end of each day and have it set up on the boat when we show up the next morning to do more dives with them.

The protocol for the few Keys dive ops that I used in years past is that you just take all your gear with you at the end of the day and bring it all back the next morning, but if we have enough divers to commandeer a dive boat and can commit to diving for 5 days, I’d hope some dive op can do this. We are just getting to the point where we enjoy being spoiled (i.e. liveaboard style) and hope to find this sort of service in the Keys as well.

Ideally, such a dive op would also be able to offer us a diversity of diving options, from wrecks to inner shallow reefs, night dives, etc.

Suggestions welcomed!

Conch Republic stored my BC, booties, and wetsuit on their drying rack. I took mask and regs with me. I still brought them onto boat and setup equipment myself.

Thanks Jcp2. Will check them out.

I would think any operator will do this just talk to boat dive master give them at a minimum $30 per day tip per person and it will get done no problem. Want to be spoiled be prepared to pay. They will clean and dry your gear and have it setup for you the next day. Works out as a $20 for the dive day and $10 to clean store gear per person. Want that level of service be sure to tip well.

For upper keys I'll recommend Quiescence on Key Largo. Quality operation. Good people. If you're committed to diving with them they may let you keep gear there. Give them a call. They run 3 identical boats BUT 6 person max per boat. If you have 6 you'll fill a boat or you could go 4 & 4 if you have 8. Deep artificial reefs (wrecks) & mid/shallow wrecks & reefs. Windy this time of year though...
Nitrox available. They run 2 dive trips morning & afternoon with potential for night dives also.

If you have 6, Quiescence will store over night if you are diving in the next day or two. We did three days of dives over four days and they stored each evening including the "bridge" day. But they do have you load your gear on the trailer (they will get your gear to the boat) and have you assemble it the first time each day. That said, they may be willing to set it all up. I suspect that they want you to set it up the first time so that if anything is missing, they aren't to blame.

We have been very pleased with Q. For boat dives (non-LOB) they are as valet as we have seen.

Cool, now I have 3 good options to check out. I actually dove with Horizon about 10 years ago if I’m remembering correctly. Thanks for these.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom