Florida dive shops...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LUBOLD8431

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Ok, so, I am going to be moving to Florida soon, the Port St. Lucie area to be exact, and I wanted to know what shops everyone recommends in that area. There seems to be alot of PADI shops, but not too many SSI or NAUI. Wondering if you guys could help me out to find a good shop. I am looking to find a shop that might be looking for an Instructor, or service tech to work part time. Let me know whats down there... Thanks...

Look at yachtdivers.com in the Fort lauderdale area. Give them a call and network from there. GUE.

BIGSAGE136:
Look at yachtdivers.com in the Fort lauderdale area. Give them a call and network from there. GUE.

I just looked up that website and it was some place out of texas that cleans the bottoms of boats.

Are you referring to Brownie's? That's the only GUE shop I know out of Ft. Lauderdale.

Also in Ft. Lauderdale is www.fillexpress.com

But you are living way up in Pt. St. Lucie so I don't know of any shops up there, but you will probably do a lot of diving in the Pompano/Ft. Lauderdael area.

Oh what horrors a single letter "S" can do. My bad, and I stand corrected. Yes its brownies. the proper address is www.yachtdiver.com. These guys hold a wealth of info. They are in Ft lauderdale but have a great network.

Wendy:
I just looked up that website and it was some place out of texas that cleans the bottoms of boats.

Are you referring to Brownie's? That's the only GUE shop I know out of Ft. Lauderdale.

Also in Ft. Lauderdale is www.fillexpress.com

But you are living way up in Pt. St. Lucie so I don't know of any shops up there, but you will probably do a lot of diving in the Pompano/Ft. Lauderdael area.
I don't know, I just got a vision of Chuck with a brush and bucket cleaning the bottoms of boats eh eh eh:D

St. Lucie is a long way from Ft. Lauderdale. And this time of year, traffic s**** once you hit Jupiter.

Uh... cuz thats where the job is, duh... I dont want to have to drive two hours for a dive shop. If I do, then, its not an LDS...

Not much in the way of SSI around Florida - PADI seems to be the prevelant one in this area. Check out Scuba-works in Jupiter, looks like they are SSI (SSI is the only one I know of that does Scuba Rangers) http://www.scuba-works.com/. There is also an SSI shop in Spruce Creek. http://sprucecreekscuba.com/. Hope that helps some.

db

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom