Flood Insurance (UK)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chippy

Contributor
Reaction score
I know the subject of flood insurance comes up all the time, but is there anyone on the board from the UK that can recommend a UK insurer?

I emailed D.E.P.P. in the U.S., asking if they'd cover me but i didn't get a response, so I presume not.

This year I took the risk of using my home insurance cover. I did explain what the cover was for and they "seemed" happy enough, although I have that worry that until the unthinkable happens, I won't find out for sure if they'll cough up. Previosuly I wasn't too concerned as the rig was pretty basic, but with the new addions I don't fancy leaving it to chance!

Thanks for any info.

Hi Matey.

Im not sure either and i have been making inquires into the same. Ive heard of the PT015 flooding and the camera we have inside inst cheap is it. Currently im chasing my home insurance and also seeing if my travel insurance will cover it. Let you know if i find out, but hopefully someone from here (in the raining UK) will be able to help us all.

Rob.

They said (d****t line), that providing the gear was "away from home" it would be covered.

So if i flood it 20 metres down it'll be covered, but if I test the housing out in the bath and it floods, then i'm stuffed....weird huh!!

««not to change the subject...but any of you from Canada?What insurance company are you using?

Nope, both of us are on "the otherside of the pond" in the UK.

Rob's on the "mainland", and I'm stuck on a 9 x 5 mile "rock" near the English channel, about 14 miles west of France.

I emailed D.E.P.P. in the U.S., asking if they'd cover me but i didn't get a response, so I presume not

This past week was American Thanksgiving, so I imagine their office was closed. Give them another try because they are excellent!

Thanks I'll try them again.

I was just taking a look at DEPP's brochure, and in the small print it says, under the "exclusions to the policy" "obsolescence". Does this mean, that if a C5050 floods it won't be covered as it's effectively been superceded by the C5060?

chippy once bubbled...
Thanks I'll try them again.

I was just taking a look at DEPP's brochure, and in the small print it says, under the "exclusions to the policy" "obsolescence". Does this mean, that if a C5050 floods it won't be covered as it's effectively been superceded by the C5060?

I think what they mean is that, say your C5050 is flooded next year and say that only C5060 is available at the time, they will pay up to a price of the C5050 and you can make up the price difference and get a c5060. However the catch is that since your PT-015 is still good, DEPP won't replace your PT-015 and get you a PT-020 due to compatibility problem.

DEPP should definitely cover you in UK since they offer the insurance worldwide. I live in Thailand and they do cover it over here.

Back
Top Bottom