Flimsy Mares X Vision and Pure Vision

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SangP

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone know how to contact Mares at the HQ as I got 2 mares mask from the Adex or trade event and the inner plastic housing both cracked and peeled off after only 2 dives?

All I need to know is how do I get the replacement parts for the inner plastic seals for the pure and x vision from Mares.

Appreciate the help and advice.

SangP

thats strange, i use both x vision and pure vision masks, i dive every day and they look as good as they did when i bought them. perhaps contacting a wholesaler through your local dive shop would be an avenue for finding the replacement plastic seals.

Hi eleven,

Thanks but I've already sent an email to the seller and they told me that as a parallel importer they can't do warrenty claims.

Any direct links or contact us to mares please as their site is nearly impossible to navigate.

SangP

Hmmmm, no words on how to get it fixed. It does sound strange though! I have the X-Vision (Doesn't leak like the Pure-Visison) and haven't had any problems yet. If you can't take it back to where you got it, its possible you could just buy that seal???

I have the Mares X-Vision and have used it for 2 years and have never had any trouble. Are you sure it is an authentic Mares X-Vision mask?

Hi all,

Thanks for all the replies but I also remembered a thread where a diver mentions the same problem with the plastic seal that he accidently nicked with his fingernail and the seal just broke.

Anyhow, I just need to the both of the plastic seals for the pure and x vision replaced and I'll contact the service centers but just in case is there a direct link to Mares?

Thanks

SangP

Here's the telephone number for the Mares USA warranty/tech center. Ask for
Kyle Ramos 800-432-3872 x298 (don't give him my name or tell him how you got his number!!) Chances are he'll tell you to take the masks to a local Mares dive store for an RA# for return to get them fixed. Mareas will determine if the problem is there's. and hence under warranty..

SangP:
Hi all,

Thanks for all the replies but I also remembered a thread where a diver mentions the same problem with the plastic seal that he accidently nicked with his fingernail and the seal just broke.

Anyhow, I just need to the both of the plastic seals for the pure and x vision replaced and I'll contact the service centers but just in case is there a direct link to Mares?

Thanks

SangP

SangP

If you foward me your e-mail (privately) I will have our representative contact you. Unfortunatly we cannot service a mask in Singapore from the US.

Phil

Back
Top Bottom