Flexible 5mm wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve_C

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I currently have a 7mm H2 Hyperstretch size LS that I like and a 10 year old 4/3 which has a couple hundred dives on it and is now probably a 2/1. I want to add a 5 mm to use when the 7mm is more than what is needed (and going to a thinner suit lets me drop some weight) but when I tried to order an H2 in 5 mm I discovered they are no longer made. I do not feel like getting the aqualock version that is now sold. I am short and have thick legs and really like the hyperstretch for ease of putting on.

So the question is who makes a 5mm mens in an LS size (5'7, 180 lbs), that has strectchability close to that of the hyperstretch.

The suit would not be used in real cold water, I have the 7 and a hooded vest. But I tend to not move a lot when I dive so need some warmth even at 80 ft in 70 degrees.

Thanks

PS; I would consider a 5/4 or maybe a 4/3 also

Take a look at Bare.

Take a look at Bare.
Thanks. Everybody has their own buzz words and grades of equipment. Any key word I should look out for in the bare catalog?

Steve. I was thinking of the Velocity (we have the older 5/4) as well. Not quite the quality of the H2 but similar stretch.

Thanks. Everybody has their own buzz words and grades of equipment. Any key word I should look out for in the bare catalog?

Bare Velocity, it's a great mix of materials with a lot of size variants.

Pete

My bare velocity in an LS showed up today. Fits and feels great. Easy to get on and off. Off to pool at LDS to dial in the weighting. They have some almost empty tanks I can use. I like to be able to hold the level at 4-5 ft on 300 psi without any body movement. Easiest to do with a near empty tank. Once I know what it is in freshwater with an AL80 I can adjust to my other options which are typically with an HP100 and salt water/

Thanks for the helpful advice. Most but not all of price covered by gift certificate from son otherwise would have bought from a LDS.

Good choice!

I traded up from a BARE Velocity 3mm to the 5/4. I really appreciate the zippers on the ankles, and with my personal lower back issues, the extra support is very welcome.

Back
Top Bottom