Bare 7mm - which model?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver27

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Bare Revel 5mm size XLS. It fits nicely, don an doff are very comfortable. So I'd like to stick with Bare when going to 7mm. I'd prefer easy and comfortable don and doff over the ultimate temperature protection. I am not looking for a drysuit. Some questions arise:

I expect that the 7mm models in size XLS are the same cut / size as the 5 mm Revel regardless which version I'll take. Am I right?

Which of the 7mm models is the warmest in your experience amongst the 7mm Bare models? Are the price differences justified regarding temperature protection? Are there really differences in warmth between the models or is ist more marketing than reality?

Which of the 7mm models ist the easiest to don and doff in your experience?

TIA

They state the Reactive 2 is their warmest 7mm. I've been very pleased with the original Reactive (both 7mm and 3mm) and wouldn't hesitate to get the new model if I was in the market today. They do have a common size chart, but if at all borderline, I'd say go for the larger.

I have the Bare Reactive 7mm semi-dry. Warmest, most comfortable wetsuit I have owned. I wear a one piece rash guard to make the suit easier to get in and out of.

I've only had the original Reactive suits, in 3 and 5mm. I think they are the warmest wetsuits on the market.

If you are upgrading from a Revel 5mm, in order to be warmer, but you're not concerned with ultimate temperature protection, have you considered getting a Reactive 5mm? It would be a lot easier to don/doff than a 7mm. And, it should be quite noticeably warmer than a Revel.

I have the 2023 Reactive in 7mm and 3mm and have covered all temps above 50F this year so far with just those two. Love them. Not had any issues donning and doffing.

Took the 3mm Reactive down to 65F cause it’s just so comfy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom