Flathead VI hose configuration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ballast

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got back from Fiji and 17 dives with my brand new Flathead VI. First off, I have to say Wow, This is a great reg! My deepest dive was barely over 100', but whether deep, shallow, or in raging current, this reg remained dry and very easy to breath. My partner was diving local rental equipment and experienced pretty hard breathing below 80'.

I bought my Flathead VI and Envoy Octo from a LDS and authorized Zeagle dealer. They configured and set it up for me. When I finally got to use it, I found that I was constantly getting my right arm tangled in the Octo hose, which was clipped to my BC, by the right pocket. For some reason the LDS chose to put the Octo hose in the closest LP port to the right and the primary reg hose was attached to the next LP port, pointing further out to the side. After 3 dives in the configuration, and finding that I was not only tangling in the Octo hose, but also biting down hard on the reg to keep it from pulling when I turned my head to the left... I asked the local dive center to swap the Reg and Octo ports around. My remaning dives were much more comfortable.

My question is, was this a standard configuration the dive shop used, or for that matter, is there a recommended configuration?

"Is there a recommended configuration"?
If i read this right then your LDS has been playing pull the hoses off.

I would be asking the question of the LDS. Why did they change the second stage hose the to other port, why didn't they leave it as it came out of the box from Zeagle?

Cheers
Chriso

Cheers
Chriso

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom