Flathead 7 Vs Flathead VI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opie

Divemaster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Was wondering what are the main differences in them.

Also i know Apex used to make your regs until AL bought them. Who makes them now?

Originally Posted by upton7418
I'm looking to buy a new regulator setup and at this time i'm debating between the flathead 6 and 7 and the Hollis DC3 or Hollis DC1. I'm leaning toward one of the flathead and was wondering what the difference from the 6 and 7 are.

Thanks...

(the answer)

The main difference between the Flathead 6 and 7 are cosmetic and weight. The Flathead 7 is much lighter, the second stage is a little smaller, and it comes with a miflex hose as standard equipment.

Thanks,

Scott

It's been a pretty long time since Apeks made regs for Zeagle. Zeagle makes all of their own regulators right here in Florida.

Anyway the new Flathead 1st stages are also smaller and have one more LP port than the 6s.

About 2000 the new Zeagle made regulators came out.

If real cold water capability is not a factor, you might also consider the 2008 Flathead XP or new Flathead LT. Ever so slightly they out performed the FH 6 & 7.

I have several XP's... great regulators.

Chad

About the coldest water i have been in so far was 42. I normally dive in a local quarry that doesnt warm up much till august so most of my diving is in "colder" water. And plus even in the sumer once i get to about 90ft or so it seems to stay cold.

At 42 in fresh water I would go with the sealed regs.
I could see a reg forming ice at that temp.

The FH VI is sealed,right?

The cold water is the biggest reason for me upgrading regs. The reg i am using now doesn't like it cold and deep:no:

Well i ordered me a FH 7 today. When i went to my LDS he called Zeagle and they told him the price had went up on the FH 6. So all in all it was only a $150 difference between the two. So i went for the newer model.

So hopefully it will be here next week and i can try it out next weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom