Fla Springs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well worth it? IMO...

Starting from the West...

Morrison, Cypress, Ginnie, and Paradise I think are my favorites, keep in mind this is from an OW diver's point of view with some experience in some of the safer cavern areas - some may have better caves for those with the training.

I don't think any of the springs I've dived were dissappointing, as long as you know what to expect. Blue Grotto is probably my least favorite spring, for the money you pay, there isn't much there... I'm sure some will disagree with me on this, still had fun there. All my dives at Becton and Royal have been in murky water, but they don't cost a thing so I've always been OK with this.

What kind of spring diving are you interested in? There are lots of springs in Florida. Some don't allow diving. Others are okay for a dive or two. Others are only worth it to the cave trained diver.

BTW, welcome to the Board.

well worth it: Manatee, Peacock, Ginnie, Blue Grotto, Paradise, Blue

not worth it: Alexander (shallow and boring) and Devil's Den (maybe there was
one too many OW classes there that day)

"well worth it: Manatee, Peacock, Ginnie, Blue Grotto, Paradise, Blue" Manatee, Peacock, and Ginnie require cavern to cave certs. Paradise (OW) which Blue? Several Blues in Florida. Suggest you go to www.thiswaytothenet/springs or other Florida Springs sites(google) or buy Ned DeLoach's book "Diving Guide to Underwater Florida"

metal, that's not quite right.. you can dive OW now in Peacock (at Orange Grove), also in Ginnie (the Ballroom). you can do OW dives at Manatee (it's a neat little place).

Paradise is OW, and so is Blue Spring (Orange City) down to 60 feet.

in fact, all the sprigns i listed are OW accessible.

If you say so. Just visited Manatee Spring State Park website and it said open to cavern and cave divers only. Ginnie ballroom is OW and takes about 10 minutes to see. Eye and Ear aren't OW. Peacock is Cavern and Cave only. I didn't mention OG.

I know a couple OW divers who dived Manatee in Feb without problems. I've still yet to get out there, definately on my list though...

I went to Manatee in February and it's open to OW. No lights allowed. I had a great time despite the duckweed and algae :D.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom