Fla Springs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two more not yet listed...Little River is good for cavern and I've heard Troy is a great OW dive with a large basin that goes to 80 ffw plus the riverboat wreck. I'm thinking of going for a look see at Troy on the Monday after the Ginnie Mega Dive. Last time I stopped by, it was browned out from the river, so I haven't dove there yet.

Troy's a really nice dive and just re-opened - I dove there with some friends this past weekend. You CAN dive Catfish Hotel as an OW diver, and it's a great dive, just be aware of the bottom and how you're kicking since it can get silted up pretty quickly. We were also there this weekend with an open water diver.

You can also dive Devil's Eye and Devil's Ear at Ginnie, but you can't carry lights - they are both very cool dives, just give cave divers the right of way, especially the ones exiting the cave system (the ones coming out may have a good reason for wanting/needing to get out quickly, and the ones going in may have a schedule to try and keep). The Sante Fe's also clearing up and when it's clear I've heard that the drift dive from the Ear to the main spring run is nice.

I personally think Devil's Den is a really cool dive, one time.

Brian

my .02 - though i haven't seen anywhere close to all divable springs!

ginnie is pricey for just ow, though you *can* drop into the open parts of the eye & ear.

devil's den got old pretty quick.

vortex had a nice big basin & was nice for ow.

morrison had a great clear run when i was there last fall. (see avatar pic!) can't beat the price!

orange grove would get old quick, too, but is cheap.

Kings Spring in Crystal River is my favorite simply because of the wildlife being more like a reef dive than cavern (manatee, tarpon, giant schools of snapper, and mullet). I'm happy that Paradise Springs is getting some well deserved praise, it's a very close second for me! Blue Grotto is pretty boring in my book, but at least it's deep. Alexander Springs was great when I got OW certified, but after seeing what real diving is about and going back you realise how boring it is. Devils Den is interesting(at least to me), but still a little pricey. I'll be going to Peacock for cavern cert. next weekend, and hope to have some good diving hopefully... My DI(Jim - Underwater Adventures) is fantastic and kind of a character, so it should be a good time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom