Fla. spring diving Feb. 16th-19th?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eandiver:
Crystal River and Ginnie are your 2 best bets. Kings Spring at Crystal is where most people go but the water is clearer and there are manatees at 3 Sisters Spring.

Thanks eandiver,
I didn't think there would be a way to dive 3 spots in 2 days without
really pushing it. But it always pays to check with the locals.

So guys, it looks like Ginnie and Crystal River! A freind of mine at work
is bringing me some literature on Crystal River, I dove most the springs
from the pan handle to central state but never made the Manatee dive.

Sure looking forward to it!

Well we tried. Thanks Chris and everyone else. Just have to force myself to use my old mask and put the sss...snnnor....snorkel back on for the manatees
It looks like I am a full go, full steam ahead. Call about work and it shouldn't be a problem.

Consider getting up early in the morning and going with Bird's Underwater for your manatee snorkel. Bird is a first class operation and the manatee's will be a sure thing. I've done the johnboat rental and was lucky to see 1 manatee in passing. With Bird's I was surrounded and in manatee heaven! I even got hugged by one....kid you not, I was really hugged. The manatee swam up to me, rolled over for a tummy rub and then rolled back and actually took his front flippers and grasped my thigh before he swam away. I loved it!!

crpntr133:
Well we tried. Thanks Chris and everyone else. Just have to force myself to use my old mask and put the sss...snnnor....snorkel back on for the manatees
It looks like I am a full go, full steam ahead. Call about work and it shouldn't be a problem.

Fantastic! Glad you can go! Now if you did not get that housing in the budget, I
promise to get a video of your Manatee hug. Cool story Lori!

:huh: :huh: :huh:

:huh: :huh: :huh:

:crying: :crying: :crying:

Land Locked:
Fantastic! Glad you can go! Now if you did not get that housing in the budget, I
promise to get a video of your Manatee hug. Cool story Lori!

No work means no housing. Going for the electronic controls and LCD monitor on the back of the housing so I am looking at at least another $1,200. I have already spent around $3,000 on stuff that I "really didn't need" during the past couple of months.

Hopefully the GF will buy me the XM satellite radio that I want for Valentines day so we can listen to it on the way to Florida.

Really looking forward to sn...snnnorr...snorkeling with the manatees. :D

If you guys go to Crystal River, make sure you dive Catfish Corner. I really enjoyed this dive. It is about 20ft to the bottom, you go through a hole about 6ft by 6ft and you enter a large room, and the water is crystal clear...
Kenny

I did not know Hoosier was such a cry baby. You know W.T. that you
are more than welcome to come with us! The more sites I hear about
around the Central West coast, we may have to start there and maybe
just maybe make it to Ginnie....

Land Locked:
I did not know Hoosier was such a cry baby. You know W.T. that you are more than welcome to come with us!

Ming won't let him go :1poke: :rofl2:

Land LOcked:
The more sites I hear about around the Central West coast, we may have to start there and maybe just maybe make it to Ginnie....

We still have a couple of weeks to figure this out. I would say Ginnie and the manatee dive are high on the list. As long as I have a good time, and that doesn't mean diving every minute of the day, I am happy.

Back
Top Bottom