Five More Weeks to DEMA!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shaka Doug

Contributor
Reaction score
Kihei, Maui, Hawaii 96753, middle of the 808!
# of dives
Five more weeks to DEMA! Five more weeks to DEMA!

Anyone heading up from Hawaii? I'm gonna give it my best shot and go for about 5 days. Who's gonna be there?? I'd welcome the chance to meet some of you O'Hana folks in person. I remember meeting Steve from Big Island ("Friscuba") a couple years back in Orlando. This one is in Las Vegas so easier to get to without the big time change either.

I'll be hanging out at the Mor-Fin dive fins booth a fair amount. I also like to visit with my old buddy Alfred of Torpedo, Inc. They always have a booth at DEMA. I know HIRSA is doing something so will see what I can do with those guys too.

Let's rally people! It's only five more weeks!!!

Hey - off the subject here but I was on PADI.com yesterday and saw your/Jack's "Why I went PADI PRO" video. Wow, that was very well done.

See y'all at DEMA

(my dad's family is from Maui for several generations until my dad moved to Ca... can I be a honorary Ka'amaina? ):blinking:

Hey - off the subject here but I was on PADI.com yesterday and saw your/Jack's "Why I went PADI PRO" video. Wow, that was very well done.

See y'all at DEMA

(my dad's family is from Maui for several generations until my dad moved to Ca... can I be a honorary Ka'amaina? ):blinking:

Jeff's video for this year should be even better.

So we have a few folks from the Big Island so far! Alright! Anyone from Maui? Oahu? Kauai? Come on! DEMA is FUN!!

Doug, Todd and I will be back this year and NSE will have our own booth in the HIRSA section. See you in Vegas.

Well, we're down to less than two weeks until the DEMA Show in Vegas. Has anyone else decided to go? I've been getting lots of emails from exhibitors. One was about a really cool underwater wireless communications system that looked really rad.

From the email: It combines world-first messaging technology, SOS and homing capabilities, a state-of-the-art dive computer and 3D compass – for a complete underwater system that lets your diving customers stay safe.

UDI - The "All in one" underwater communicator: messages, SOS call, underwater navigation.

It combines world-first messaging technology, SOS and homing capabilities, a state-of-the-art dive computer and 3D compass – for a complete underwater system that lets your diving customers stay safe.

We, at Underwater Technologies Center (UTC), would like to invite you to visit our web site (www.utc-digital.com), learn a bit more about the UDI product.

Sending text messages underwater, sending SOS calls in time of distress, being able to navigate to a person (or a mother boat) under the water - is really something else !!!

I'm looking forward to seeing the new stuff and also meeting up with old friends. The HIRSA group booth is right by the pool, right near a couple of my other favorites: SCUBABOARD and MORFINS (all three have 'waterfront property' at DEMA this year!! WOO HOO!)

Anyone going please let me know. I have something I'm planning for Friday afternoon that should be pretty fun. I'd like your help in making it happen. Something that's never been done at DEMA before but could catch on like wildfire! :D

Last edited:
Have fun at DEMA. I'll be going the opposite direction, and heading to Maui instead.:) The desert gets old anyways, and I've done Vegas way to many times. Be sure to let the rest of us in on what you do on Friday, and you may as well get it on video if its really funny.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom