Fit To Dive at Dayo Scuba in Winter Park, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eanxdivr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
On Tuesday 8/11/09, I had the honor and privilege of presenting a program that I have been working on for several months called 'Fit To Dive'. As a personal trainer and diver, I felt that there was a need to bring a higher level of fitness to our enviorment. Scuba can be a demanding sport, and if there is a lack of fitness, the risks for accidents increase. According to DAN, 74% of all diving fatalities involved overweight/obese people. Another 15% were linked to heart disease or hypertension.
The session ran for about 90 minutes and we had a blast! Thanks to the team at Dayo Scuba for making me feel welcome and helping to make our event a success. I am looking forward to presenting it again in the near future...
If there are any questions or of you would like more information, please e-mail me at eanxdivr@yahoo.com.

If you do the presentation again and have the opertunity to do a video of it, I would be most interested in seeing it.

I do not believe that there will be a video, as this is done as a classroom/ discussion format. There are no demonstrations or such. If it does come down to that, I will certainly let you know. Thanks....

Back
Top Bottom