Fit question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Miller_Time

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
OK I bought my Xcel 3/2 mm full suit this week and its an XL which fit really nicely, except there is a bit a space around my arm pits. Its not a lot of space but do you think that will be a problem? The suit fits great everywhere else. I dont think I could fit into a lare as I'm 6'3" 205 lbs. I just dont have the biggest shoulders. I think that i might have this problem in any suit I try.

Also about weighting. Last time I dove in a 3mm full suit in fresh water I was over weighted myself. Like 24 lbs. Now I have lost some weight I was at 215 then and now I'm at 205. Whats a good starting point for my 3/2mm suit in salt water?

As long as it's not too baggy I wouldn't worry about it. As for weight, I weigh about the same as you and I wear a 3mm shorty in Hawaii and I wear about 14 pounds max. With 24 I'd sink like a rock! With a full suit I'd add maybe 2 pounds and try with 14 or 16 tops.

If there is any one place where you will appreciate a little leeway it is there.

Also... When you are diving it try to see how it fits. Ours bodies fill out differently when prone in the water.

Pete

I had some room in my armpiut area in my rental suit, and it was no problem for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom