Fisheye FIX for the S90

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With the UWL-04 lens, the lens itself is 52mm. Using the 67mm step-up ring adds distance between the optics and results in poorer image quality and vignetting. Using the lens without the step-up resolves this issue and that is why I quoted you one 52mm adapter. "

I'm sorry , but the UWL-04 undergo still vignetting with the 52 mm adaptater , less than with the 67 + step up ring , but still !!:(

More the Fix adaptater is extremely difficult to manage underwater , it's very fragile
And more of all it is completely overpriced especially if you consider that you can't buy the final piece 52 or 67 or 28 Ad or ST without buying the whole adaptater :shakehead:

I got the S90 last week, and really love it. So, after reading all the extremely helpful information here and talking to the great people at Reef Photo, I ordered the FIX housing, the 52mm adapter and the UWL-04. As soon as I get it, I will take some pictures and post them.

Congratulations, hope that you enjoy it. Yes, please do post some pics, especially if they can be used for comparative purposes. But, either way, please post pics. :cool2:

N

How long does it usually take for BS to send you a tracking number or rather ship an order out? I'm very anxious to test out my setup!!!!

Congratulations, hope that you enjoy it. Yes, please do post some pics, especially if they can be used for comparative purposes. But, either way, please post pics. :cool2:

N

Here is a link for a slide show from some. pics that I did yesterday and this morning in the mediterannean sea .
The dive conditions were again difficult , 13 ° water , poor visibility and light ..so ..:blinking:

canon s 90

I'm about to drive to BS East Coast since I only live an hour away and pick up my rig. Fred Dion of BS has been very helpful. I'm getting the 52mm adapter, UWL-04 lens, a good strobe, and a macro lens. This is a huge upgrade from a Sealife DC-800 camera! Haha, a real camera.

I've taken the S90 around my town some to get the hang of the controls and learn about manual features. I'm about to go around the world this summer including Hawaii and the Philippines (and also a dive in the Shanghai city aquarium shark tank) so I'll be able to share pictures in a few months. If there's anything "dive worthy" in Naples, Italy I'll probably do 2 tanks out there too.

Thanks to CompuDude and Nemrod and others for all of the posts and experimenting. This thread showed me there's more to underwater photography than a Sealife camera and I have a metric butt ton to learn

Hope it all goes well for you. N

Well I called up BS today.... It seems west coast is processing my order... weird as I'm on east... but whatever. The fix uwl-04 is out of stock there and wont be in till the end of the week or Monday they say. Hopefully will get here before friday as I am running to flordia to dive for the wwekend.

Would you say that the Sea & Sea YS-110 is a good strobe or just decent?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom