First time in liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At the same time the others maybe did not understand why they did not get anything with the same value.
I you give items, please bring something for all.

They're not children, are they? Everyone has to be treated equally by ma and pa?

They're not children, are they? Everyone has to be treated equally by ma and pa?
If you want to prevent to cause 'cemburu sosial', which can be translated by social jealousy, yes, indeed. Not all cultures are the same, as we all know.

I usually agree with Indah but I'm not sure how I feel about this aspect.

Yes, Indah, I am well aware that not all cultures are the same. My father was married to an Indonesian for 35 years. His wife was very cemburu, for lack of a better word.

My sister is married to Singaporean. My niece is Singaporean.

I have friends of many cultures from all over world. Most of them behave like adults though in, for instance, Belize, there's plenty of gossiping, the name for which escapes me.

Perhaps it is my "privilege" that makes me believe that infantilizing other cultures in this day and age does none of us any good.

Easy for me to say. I'm not the employer who must keep his staff and the families happy.

My parents taught "life is not fair". Perhaps it isn't fair to the sweeper, to whom I don't give a new broom, when to the guide with whom, I've spent all day every day, I do give a new dive tool.

I usually agree with Indah but I'm not sure how I feel about this aspect.
Does it matter?
I mentioned the gift I gave to a boat boy and he has the nerve to chip in a remark on making sure the rest also got it ! How pathetic can it get!

@Centrals You chose to misinterpret Indah. There's no reason to insult him.

Yes, Indah, I am well aware that not all cultures are the same. My father was married to an Indonesian for 35 years. His wife was very cemburu, for lack of a better word.

My sister is married to Singaporean. My niece is Singaporean.

I have friends of many cultures from all over world. Most of them behave like adults though in, for instance, Belize, there's plenty of gossiping, the name for which escapes me.

Perhaps it is my "privilege" that makes me believe that infantilizing other cultures in this day and age does none of us any good.

Easy for me to say. I'm not the employer who must keep his staff and the families happy.

My parents taught "life is not fair". Perhaps it isn't fair to the sweeper, to whom I don't give a new broom, when to the guide with whom, I've spent all day every day, I do give a new dive too

Does it matter?
I mentioned the gift I gave to a boat boy and he has the nerve to chip in a remark on making sure the rest also got it ! How pathetic can it get!
The discussion was about tipping, I contributed my point of view. You obviously don't agree. Fine too.

The discussion was about tipping, I contributed my point of view. You obviously don't agree. Fine too.
You have not bothered to reply my question to your questioning on my preferential treatment on tipping without any evidence!!
There are tons of stuff we do not agree on. So what is the news?

Gift horse in the mouth! No such expression in Indonesia?

In Poland, there is no tradition of tipping as much as in the US.
Blue Manta is a super-equipped boat and comfortably adapted for divers. We believe that tipping for good and qualified service is ok. Asking for a tip in a certain % amount is not appropriate.
We always leave a tip for the entire crew serving us + additionally for our private guide we give a separate remuneration in the equipment always new and of very good quality.
Greetings to the entire BM crew, we will definitely come back for the next Dives with you.
M&M

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom