first time in Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

daodiver

Registered
Reaction score
Dear guys;
I plan to go to Bali in the first week of December with one of my friend, stay there about a week. Just wanna have few days to dive, and the rest to travel around the island. Any suggestions on where to stay (max $60), dive sites (for very beginner), and travel plan.

Thanks

I think your budget of $60 USD/night for accomodations should be more than adequate.

In 1997, on another Bali trip, I met a gentleman on the airplane who had a picky wife that had found a suitable Five Star hotel in Ubud for $50 USD per night - marble floors, staff members that greeted you by name, roolm service, etc.

Two+ months ago I went to Bali again and stayed at my favorite Budget accomodations:
Suji Bungalow
Forget the Internet prices on that website, I paid $12 USD per night and didn't even attempt to bargain (but you probably could have gotten a lower price). I get dehydrated fast and find the temps are not scorching hot in Bali so prefer not to have a room with A/C. If you want A/C it will be more.

Bali has all levels of diving and should be able to accomodate your needs quite easily. Another person who posts comments on this board (I think it was irwin kodiat) left a helpful link to dive sites on BALI SCUBA's website.
It has great info and hope it helps.

by the way, do we need to reserve the hotel room online and get internet rate, or we just find the room at the airport and get last-minute rate?

Thanks

I'm just wondering....is the diving in Bali any good??? Any dive spots that you guys can recommend?

Cheers,
Alee =-)

daodiver, I've found that Internet rates in Bali are higher than you can get by just showing up and negotiating last-minute rates.
Since the bombing, Bali has had many vacancies.

Diving is very good in Bali

This is probably the best website for information about diving in Bali. Hope it is useful. www.kapalselam.org

Bali is always great for diving, go to Tulamben, easy and very relaxing dive. You can do wreck dive, wall dive, jukung dive (traditional boat) and coral garden dive, all in one location.

Have fun.

I would check with your local travel agent for Bali package.
Since you are located in Thailand you should be able to find some really good deal. I am going there myself soon and stay in Bali but will do some diving in Komodo National Park. There are many nice hotels that you can get a package for something like
$US100-150 for 3 nights with breakfast and dinner included.
We are going to staying at Alila Hotel in Ubud. The internet rate is much much higher. I think my friend found the package at Thaifly.com.

Komodo National Park is amazing diving - will you be on a liveaboard ssra30? I did some diving out of Labaunbajo on Flores.

Annie, yes, I will be on a live aboard. The boat will leave from Bali and do a little bit of diving on the way to and back from Komodo also. 6 days of diving total.

Back
Top Bottom