First shearwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gone for diving

Contributor
Reaction score
I got my first ever shearwater,
A used petrel2
What I want to know is # of dives that's logged in system info, can it be reset? Maybe by the factory?
Or is this the original amount of dives since new ?

I know it needs updates
20211123_163131.jpg

Total # of dives = 82. Shearwaters come with one test dive loaded. You cannot reset the dive count. Neither will the factory.

Enjoy it. It’s a great computer.

You can change the number future dives with have in the log (e.g if you had 405 dives pre-purchase of the shearwater, you can have SW log the next dive as 406), but as @tridacna indicated above, you cannot reset total dives on the computer.

You can change the number future dives with have in the log (e.g if you had 405 dives pre-purchase of the shearwater, you can have SW log the next dive as 406), but as @tridacna indicated above, you cannot reset total dives on the computer.

Yes I read that in the manual yesterday,
That is a handy feature,

The owner thought it had 400ish dives, Was kinda surprised when I saw the system info # of dives,

Back
Top Bottom