First set of equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

poidda

Reaction score
I am relatively new to diving and am moving to the Caymans for work and will be doing plenty while there. I am currently looking at buying all my equipment. At this stage I am looking at :

Seaquest Pro QD+

Scuba Pro MK 25AF - G 250
Scuba PRo R190 Octopus

Suunto Instruments - Suunto CB Double in Line (compasson rear)

Am I on the right track hear, or should I be staying away from these? Also,anything else I need to consider?

Cheers

and serviceable and would be a great set for a "first timer". You lost me with this though...
Please 'splain...

poidda once bubbled...
I am relatively new to diving and am moving to the Caymans for work and will be doing plenty while there. I am currently looking at buying all my equipment. At this stage I am looking at :

Seaquest Pro QD+

Scuba Pro MK 25AF - G 250
Scuba PRo R190 Octopus

Am I on the right track hear, or should I be staying away from these? Also,anything else I need to consider?

Cheers

You have good taste.

You're going to need some flippers. Mares Quattro Avanti are good.

And it's a good idea to buy a mask. TUSA and Scubapro make nice ones. The Cressi Big-eyes (or horizon) is also excellent if it fits you.

And even in the Caymans a small light is a good idea. The UK SL4 is a nice one.

R..

Also, I have been looking into the the difference between DIN and A-Clamp Regulator fittings.

So what is the best way to go and why?

Cheers

you've got to look for what is readily available where you'll be traveling.

poidda once bubbled...
Also, I have been looking into the the difference between DIN and A-Clamp Regulator fittings.

So what is the best way to go and why?

Cheers

Kind of depends. Not knowing what part of the world you are diving it is hard to say which is best. Based on the "Cheers" in the post I am guessing that you are not from the US. There is a big debate on the pros and cons of each from a technical point of view and I am going to stay out of that. On the more practical side, in the US and the Caribbean it is hard to find rental tanks with DIN valves at a lot of locations. That's the main reason I use Yoke. I get the impression that in other parts of the world, the opposite is true. So, if you intend to travel in the US/Carib either go Yoke or at least purchase a reg that comes with a DIN to Yoke adaptor. If your diving is elsewhere in the world, go with what is most common locally.

I dive DIN, and I reccomend that most people should use a yoke. If you plan on doing cave/wreck/technical, then DIN is the way... you are not, so stick with the yoke... for it is light and easy and you will have rest for your tanks.

poidda once bubbled...

The ScubaPro regs are an excellent choice...I would reconsider on all the other stuff though.

Here's my opinion on the other stuff:

Look into a Backplate and Wing before making a decision on the BC. You might just find out that you like it. At least try one out.

Maybe a console isn't such a good idea. Have you thought about just a pressure gauge and having the computer/bottom timer and compass wrist mounted?

Just some thoughts...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom