First Pee Valve Installation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LHB Industries is a popular source.

Rochester wide bands are the commonly used product.

If you contact Rochester medical they can send a sample pack with a sizing gauge.

if you need to get sized PDQ measure the flacid diameter and round down to the next size. The silicone is very thin and will stretch for a no wrinkle fit.

Don after showering, before body oils emerge, good for the day.

With that much information a local pharmacy can probably get you started.

I flush with rubbing alcohol followed by vinegar.

What you do for quick disconnect, should you choose can be a whole other thread!

You're gonna love it!

Pete

Thanks Pete
I will have to check them out. I made the mistake today and went to a local medical supply store and bought a few. They wanted $3 each, I thought that was quite high for a latex ballon with a hole in it! LOL

Thanks Pete
I will have to check them out. I made the mistake today and went to a local medical supply store and bought a few. They wanted $3 each, I thought that was quite high for a latex ballon with a hole in it! LOL

Think of it this way...

Catheter $3. relief on demand, priceless.

If you are working on a shell suit is layers. The part the suit I put the valve on has three layers of shell material. If I'd put the valve three inches lower, it would have been only one layer of shell material. No problem if you cut through more than one layer, just make sure you make a good glue seal all the way aroudn each layer using a cotton swab. Then glue up the inside and outside surfaces and lock the valve down.
On my Fusion suit I mounted the P-valve through the inner core only but not through the outer stretch layer. So the valve sits between the inner and outer layers. I figured I would try it this way first to avoid creating an anchor point between the two layers and leave both layers free to move or stretch.

Back
Top Bottom