replace pee valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m very happy with the trigon, once I learned not to get crazy flushing it, it most cases that will cause leaks.

OP, as was suggested you can use the blanking plug or patch the suit and use a different type. If it’s the new trigon I may buy it from you.

I recived my DUI with an OMS "balanced" pee valve. It never worked correctly and I got a squeeze and two UTI's. I had it replaced with the new style Diverite valve without having to mod the suit. The Diverite is a larger diameter than LM or Halcyon. I'm going to try and get some money back since the OMS valve is less than a year old with a two year warranty. OMS valve is an over-engineered bulky POS.

To me that looks almost identical to my Trigon.. I mean a balanced p valve is a balanced p valve.. the only difference is with the LM / Halcyon valves you can close them externally. The Trigon and apparently the DR you can't (at least I don't see that being possible on the DR model).

I don't think this matters so much during the dive (you would have to have p valve and catheter fail on the same dive to be an issue), but it would be nice to have for cleaning. For instance, I would like to come out of the water, shoot some disinfectant in the line until I see it come out and then close the end and let it sit while I clean everything else up. Open it last thing and let the cleaning solution drain out. I'm not sure how beneficial that would be, but it sounds good on paper.

I'm not sure that a larger diameter than Halcyon / LM / Trigon would really do anything? Sounds more like a selling gimmick then actual real world stuff... kind of like some regs breathe better during tests but most people can't tell a difference irl? Idk... I've never had squeeze or UTI's with my Trigon. Any issues that I have had were 100% user error. I can blast a whole bottle of cleaning solution through the hose without skipping a beat and I've honestly never peed that hard in my life:).

The DR and Trigon have a little bit smaller profile to them (which is why I chose the Trigon). I don't think you can really go wrong with any of them though. LM and Halcyon are almost identical... you either get an H or a monkey on the front. Both the LM and Trigon are less expensive than the DR / Halcyon counterparts.

To me that looks almost identical to my Trigon.. I mean a balanced p valve is a balanced p valve.. the only difference is with the LM / Halcyon valves you can close them externally. The Trigon and apparently the DR you can't (at least I don't see that being possible on the DR model).

I don't think this matters so much during the dive (you would have to have p valve and catheter fail on the same dive to be an issue), but it would be nice to have for cleaning. For instance, I would like to come out of the water, shoot some disinfectant in the line until I see it come out and then close the end and let it sit while I clean everything else up. Open it last thing and let the cleaning solution drain out. I'm not sure how beneficial that would be, but it sounds good on paper.

I'm not sure that a larger diameter than Halcyon / LM / Trigon would really do anything? Sounds more like a selling gimmick then actual real world stuff... kind of like some regs breathe better during tests but most people can't tell a difference irl? Idk... I've never had squeeze or UTI's with my Trigon. Any issues that I have had were 100% user error. I can blast a whole bottle of cleaning solution through the hose without skipping a beat and I've honestly never peed that hard in my life:).

The DR and Trigon have a little bit smaller profile to them (which is why I chose the Trigon). I don't think you can really go wrong with any of them though. LM and Halcyon are almost identical... you either get an H or a monkey on the front. Both the LM and Trigon are less expensive than the DR / Halcyon counterparts.
The OMS valve internally has a duck bill valve like LM and H. DR uses two mushroom valves. Also, on mine (altho cleaned every time) the filter (no other valve has a filter) on the inside that unscrews to enable duck bill cleaning or replacement, was not flowing very much. I gave it to my local shop to send back to OMS/DUI.

Back
Top Bottom